Oath of allegiance to the Queen

MJ

I think that to refer to Britain is a 'Christian country' is wrong, and instead, it should be referred to as a 'culturally Christian country'.

As posiedon says, if we were brought up in a country of Christian morals.. well.. things would be so much worse.

Sorry, I was thinking along the same lines as you, but you said it better :)

Like you, I don't consider my values as Christian, or religious in any way for that matter, but they can be aligned to some of the better aspects of religion - i.e. respect etc. (having said this, most organised religious groups seem to have lost sight of the original goals...). They are merely based on the standards of a decent human being...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pronto

I dont think anyone can complain about our schools or government being Christian, when compared to many Islamic countries where the Koran IS the law and you would be excluded for being anything other than a muslim. We are very devil may care here in Britain and i applaud you all (except you man of kent).

'clap' 'clap'