Ballet @ Clickimin

Clearly, dancers have much more demanding requirements with respect to stage behaviour than musicians or actors. This, presumably, figured in the decision to not use any kind of stage. At the same time, dance also suffers much more than music or drama when the lower 50% of the artistes are obscured.

Quite a few people walked out after the first piece complaining about the lack of visibility. This was a pity because I think it was much better after the interval.

I managed to get in and a good enough view to see it all. The first bit (Othello) didn't do much for me at all. The rest was pretty good. Some better than others.

The thing I found most disappointing was the number of times the dancing seemingly had nothing to do with the music. I'm a firm believer in dancing to / with music and a lot of the time the two seemed to be awa doing their own thing through the night. Maybe that was down to me being a ballet virgin and not knowing what to expect.

On the whole it was well worth going to see but I did feel sorry for folks sitting on the flat. Bring the bairns down to the front was a great idea and a nice touch too 8)