Pirated DVD's

Are pirated DVD's a good thing?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are pirated DVD's a good thing?

• Yes, they are a reasonable way to see overpriced films
    • No, they are illegal and undermining the film industry

I suffered ironic justice last night when i sat down to watch a DVD, a friend gave me, of a recent blockbuster film. I was a cheap version, shall i say. :wink:

Forty minutes in it starts jumping and eventually freezes! Doh! What bleeping annoying thing to do!

Do you think "cheapo" DVD's are a good thing. Seen any stinkers? I've heard of ones in which you can see people walking in front of the screen, is this true?

Over to you, I'm off to the rental shop :(

Do you think "cheapo" DVD's are a good thing. Seen any stinkers? I've heard of ones in which you can see people walking in front of the screen, is this true?

I've ben aware of pirate movies here and there .. and yes you do get the ones with people wandering around .. and you can hear Americans shouting at the screen and cheering and high fiving ( :roll: fekin Americans!!).

You can also get DVD quality too, luck of the draw....

Good day to you all - I am no longer a shetlink virgin!

Last week I went to my local Blockbuster only to find out it was closing along with 3 others in the area. The guy blamed online DVD rentals. I know Blockbuster do online rentals as well, but I quite liked the whole browsing thing in shops, with a bit of inadvertent scanning o da dirty eens on da bottom shelf.

Re pirate DVDs, I have had very bad experiences wi dem too. Freezing being the main problem, but picter quality too. I will never buy them again, as it does undermine da film industry. Saying that, it does make me boak hearing such and such a film star is getting x million $$$ for a film - not justified!

• 3 weeks later...