Shetland Newspapers/Magazines by subscription

lastpubrunner

Hi there,

As a belated Christmas present, my parents have decided that they'd like to buy for me, twelve months subscription to a Shetland newspaper or magazine.

Can anyone provide any Internet links through which such a subscription may be purchased ? I'd be pleased to be informed of journals that forum members might recommend.

Ta very much

Hi Lastpubrunner

My Shetland Times drops through my door every Saturday (depending on the weather in Shetland) and keeps me amused and caught up with events so I would personally recommend that.

I live in the Manchester area which illustrates to me that the PO is pretty good at getting the Times over long distances efficiently.

Not sure about an internet link though as my Dad generally goes into the office once a year and pays in person. I'm sure it can be done though and I'm assuming you'd find a Shetland Times website through google.

xx

Hi Lastpubrunner

I live in the Manchester area which illustrates to me that the PO is pretty good at getting the Times over long distances efficiently.

Hi WineFairy,

Thanks for the message; you may be interested to know that on May 1st, Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham are playing just an hour* from South Manchester - in North Shropshire.

* That's an hour from Altrincham/Sale - where I lived many years ago.

Hi Lastpubrunner

Thanks for that - I'll look into it. I am in South Manchester so it would probably only be an hour or so for me too.

cheers

J

Aly & Phil are appearing at The Last Inn, Hengoed nr Oswestry, Shropshire - 1st May.

I'd be happy to buy a pint for you (or anyone from Shetland) who can get to the concert. I'd be pleased to introduce you to Aly, should you want to chat about Shetland or life in general.

For details

http://www.adastra-music.co.uk/html/101_artistInfo.php?id=14

The Last Inn is a great venue - I lived there for nearly 27 years, so I should know !

Fantastic!

thanks - I'll let you know.

cheers

J

This will be Aly & Phil's 5th time at The Last Inn; their popularity seems to be increasing with each concert.

IF you are interested, tickets go pretty quickly. I know that ALL the front row tickets have gone and a fair few from the 2nd row. There will be about 230 at the concert - numbered seats are provided. If you book early, you can specify where you would like to sit - subject to availability.

• 5 weeks later...

I repeat my plea for an email address to which I can get a subscription to a Shetland Newspaper/Magazine.

I sent an email to subs@shetland-times.co.uk, but three weeks later, I've not yet had a reply.

IF Shetland newspapers & magazines wish to sell their journals further afield, wouldn't it be a good idea for them to put subscription details on their websites ? ie Make it easier for potential customers to give them money.