Train Enthusiasts?

Guest Anonymous
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Must admit that trains make me Zzzzzzzzz as well, except when they make me sick. (Only motion sickness I have ever suffered from in adult life)

But Neville has an enthusiasm, when he's talking about trains, which makes everybody feel like a kid again. So well worth going to the Rail Night, even if it's just that you want to feel younger again.

:D :lol:

Best train route ever, and most beautiful so far, Bergen--Oslo 8)

...in April it was perfect, and in the mountains you could only see the picturesqueness of the rooftops, skywards bound; encompassed in snow; reaching, in the mountains.

...whereas in London the schools were closed after a rumour about 2 inches of snow :roll:

Guest Anonymous

^^Disagree..

Oslo to Hamar is stunning. :D

And I'm hoping that the steam train will be operating from Ã…ndalsnes to Bjorli this year. They opted for a damned diesel thingie last summer, which must have really spoiled it for a lot of holidaymakers.

PS. Frozen Gonads are a normal feature of Norwegian culture as well. But mine are thawing out a little bit now. We had 21C last week, and forecast is for higher next week.

:lol:

My fond memories of working 16+ years on the London Underground was what we called "Black Snot". The dust from the tunnels found it's way up your nose and when you blew your nose...................

Saw many a strange thing. Saw many humourous things as well. Then there was the gory side to it as well.....

There is an amendment to the railway film night at Hoswick on Wednesday 22nd April. Edwin Johnson has come back from New Zealand with a 25 minute DVD on the Taigeri Gorge Railway which has great scenery and historical info.

For those never been before although it officially starts at 7.30 and runs to about 9.30 when some retire to the Social Club if you come early we usually run film on model railways from about 7.10. whilst people assemble.

Last time we had 25 people attend so there are enthusiasts in Shetland.