Rotovators...

daveh

My really old rotovator has totally given up on my and is not worth repairing. Looking online, I have been quoted totally ludicrous carriage charges to get any, admittedly heavy, rotovator up here.

Can someone please recommend someone who can sell a rotovator to me here in Shetland?

Thanks,

Dave

Try Thulecraft - the OH got a Honda one from there earlier this year. Their price was way cheaper than those online for the same model. Admittedly, it was from 2009 stock so he paid the 2009 price but even if it has increased for 2010 you may still find they are cheaper when you take the delivery charges into account.

We thought about hiring too but as it is something we will use every year it works out cheaper in the long run and it's convenient to have it in the shed when you need it!

Thanks for the quick replies - much appreciated!

I have been in touch with Tammy Leask who seems to be very knowledgeable about these things. He will be looking at my machine to see if he can sort out my problem.

If he can't, as AM said, I would also be buying a replacement as I get enough annual usage from it to continue having my own. If I do buy, I will certainly see what Thulecraft and Allans can do model and price-wise. As my machine is well over 30 years old, I wouldn't care about a new machine being last year's model!

Thanks again, anyway.