Yell & Fetlar Broadband upgrade

stilldellin

Patzel wrote :- So it might be faster (and cheaper) to visit someone in Lerwick instead of sending an email is that what you mean?

As you seem to have a motor I was merely pointing out the costs of motoring in Shetland. ( approx £1.30 per litre ) plus ferries. Yep, stick to the e-mails and leave the car at home....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spinner72 I am assuming that the cable coming into your master socket ends there. The connection to your neighbour is a seperate pair of wires within the same cable so unless the cable has been squashed/damaged causing a contact fault then there is no way it can interfere with your own line.

You can save the cost of an iplate and simply disconnect the 3rd 'ringer' cable from your phone socket. It is was only needed for older 'bell' type ringing phones. It does the same thing as inserting an iplate but only takes a screwdiver and two minutes of your time.

Please note, I cannot state that this practice is officially endorsed by British Telecom, but if they have a look in my socket, I'm fairly sure that it was the previous owner that must have done it! :)

Instuctions on how to do it are pretty widely available on the net. Here's one site.

http://www.techbroadband.net/forums/speed-tweaking/16-dummies-guide-removing-ring-wire.html

As you seem to have a motor I was merely pointing out the costs of motoring in Shetland. ( approx £1.30 per litre ) plus ferries. Yep, stick to the e-mails and leave the car at home....

I was only joking...

1.30 per litre? :shock:

we pay about 1.15 (already converted into pounds)and even this is unusually high

I still prefer the four-legged 1hp