Has anybody got a GRP composite door?

aa

We are just starting to build our new house and I am trying to work out what type of door to get for the outside door at the back of the garage. Several people have said to get a locally made hardwood door but they start at about £750.

Has anybody got a GRP composite door and, if so, do they keep the weather out?

Thanks

AA

• 4 weeks later...

^^I'll agree with Da_Lipper.

Nordan doors are good enough if you look after them and paint them with preservative every year.

Hardwood doors are really the Rolls Royce, but Mahogany isn't really a sensible wood to use if you have any concern for the depletion of the rain forests. Not that I'm an environ,,,,, can't even spell it...

Bulter & Mulhern used to do some nice doors, not hardwood.

^^ What happened to using Iroko as the first choice alternative to Mahogany? It's a superior timber to Utile for things like doors and windows, from anything I've read.

Re: OP. I seem to recall seeing somebody with a GRP full size up and over garage door many years ago, but I can't even remember where I saw it now, let alone who's it was, so I'm no help.

I'll guess that the last 2 posters have never had to buy a door, so they are going for the best without thinking how to pay for it, or even if the cost per year is any better than a T&N or B&M alternative.

I've bought the best hardwood windows and doors. Never got my money back on it when it came time to move house, so it was a complete waste of money.

IMHO

:D

I'll guess that the last 2 posters have never had to buy a door, so they are going for the best without thinking how to pay for it, or even if the cost per year is any better than a T&N or B&M alternative.

I've bought the best hardwood windows and doors. Never got my money back on it when it came time to move house, so it was a complete waste of money.

IMHO

:D

well i have just replaced four windows in our house with b&m windows so i know full well how much they cost :lol: