Deportation of Sakchai Makao (Mark II) - ** News Thread **

trout

Does anyone know if the t-shirts are available to buy today?

We need ones for going on the boat tonight. If they're not available to buy, can anyone lend us 4 roughly a medium size?

It's for the race of life on Sunday in Aberdeen, I thought it would be nice to wear the Sakchai t-shirts to do the run, it kinda has a double meaning.

The t-shirts can be picked up today either bought or borrowed before the boat sails tonight.

If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks

And Welcome back Sakchai. :D :D

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the t-shirts are available to buy today?

We need ones for going on the boat tonight. If they're not available to buy, can anyone lend us 4 roughly a medium size?

It's for the race of life on Sunday in Aberdeen, I thought it would be nice to wear the Sakchai t-shirts to do the run, it kinda has a double meaning.

The t-shirts can be picked up today either bought or borrowed before the boat sails tonight.

If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks

And Welcome back Sakchai. :D :D

Will get this sorted for you today, all being well

Thanks to all of you for turning out at the airport yesterday and the Clickimin last night - amazing scenes that will stay with us all forever - whatever the final outcome (lets think positive though)

Thanks to everyone who made this happen and that means ALL of you and EVERYONE who helped, especially Alistair Carmichael, James Johnston, Joe Irvine, Tavish Scott, his leagal team in Newcastle and all the lads and lasses who worked so tirelessly on his behalf with petitions etc and of course Chris and all of you working with us on the mainland etc - amazing each and every one of you

But let me reiterate that the fight has now only really BEGUN and up until his hearing on the 7th July and perhaps even beyond, lets really go for this with the petitions, e-mails, letters of support etc etc.

Its clear to everyone that these are the elements, when tied into the incredibly visual community support that got, and continues to get, Sakchai's case noticed by the press, politicians etc, so please dont relax on this, especially now. Lets make it even more impressive and really give them something to sit up and take notice of at his immigration hearing next month when, as his lawyer has already pointed out, it will play a crucial role. Not far off, so please renew your assaults and efforts in this respect and lets bring him home for good next time around.

We will keep you informed about other campaign issues and the fundrasing drive which is now getting fully underway. So if you feel the cause is worth, please keep or get involved. We, especially Satch of course need this more than ever. We are by no means out of the woods yet.

It looks like the bank account may be a few days yet before we have it officially open - frustrating but just one of those things - security measures and all that. Might look at alternatives in the short term - bear with us.

Since Sakchai got back yesterday its been one long furious round of media work and this is still ongoing - up this morning at 5am for GMTV -and its still all happenning as we speak. Will get back to you asap re all these and more and look out for a post from Sakchai himself very soon

Cheers

Davie and team

Shetand for Sakchai

no sure wha did da original flyer and poster, but wid it be useful ta hae an updated version wi brief details o story so faur including level o support, an details oda online petition and request for people ta contact der owin MPs re Alastair's EDM?

derick

no sure wha did da original flyer and poster, but wid it be useful ta hae an updated version wi brief details o story so faur including level o support, an details oda online petition and request for people ta contact der owin MPs re Alastair's EDM?

derick

They came from the Shetland Times and you are right its probably time for an update.

By the way the new T-shirts are available from Intersport today. All profits are going to the campaign fund so a million thanks to Kevin Denvir and his team there for this incredible offer of support.

Cheers again for now

Davie

PS Bryan - still trying to make time (difficult to get the head above water at the moment) to get back to de re the on-line sales but it would be a massive help if du could ring Kevin Denvir direct on this first and see how feasible it is from their point of view first. His number is (01595) 694959

Also just go ahead and set up the on-line donations now the account is nearly there. Is this ok and is there anything du needs from the SfS team to do this?

Will catch de later

Davie

derick

They came from the Shetland Times and you are right its probably time for an update.

By the way the new T-shirts are available from Intersport today. All profits are going to the campaign fund so a million thanks to Kevin Denvir and his team there for this incredible offer of support.

Cheers again for now

Davie

Davie, What price are the t-shirts? Will they also be available to order online?. The updated posters are definately a good idea :D as a few comments have been made already about the fact that my posters are out of date!! :oops:

Davie, What price are the t-shirts? Will they also be available to order online?. The updated posters are definately a good idea :D as a few comments have been made already about the fact that my posters are out of date!! :oops:

They will sell for £10 with all profits to the camapign fund. Discussing an on-line option as we speak.

Will see if we can get the posters done asap.

They will sell for £10 with all profits to the camapign fund. Discussing an on-line option as we speak.

Will see if we can get the posters done asap.

Cheers Davie, :D I have just been told that the t-shirts have been picked up & will be on the boat tonight. If the posters are updated before Saturday let me know so that I can get ones printed to replace the current ones in my car before I head to Aberdeen for the race on Sunday.

Saw you all on tv this morning...What a homecoming :D :D

You have worked so hard for Sakchai, you deserve a medal. Keep up the good work and anything we can do here on the mainland to help? Just let me know. :lol:

Hey, Amazing, There are a few Edinburgers meeting regularly and soldiering on doing whatever they can, there is now a group site at http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/sakchai_edin_group/ Post a message or give Chris Jamieson a yell (chrisjam82@gmail.com) if you can offer any help.

I know this isn't really Sakchai related but here's another guy going through possible deportation with a campaign behind him. We're not alone!

http://www.friendsofernesto.org.uk

Hey, Amazing, There are a few Edinburgers meeting regularly and soldiering on doing whatever they can, there is now a group site at http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/sakchai_edin_group/ Post a message or give Chris Jamieson a yell (chrisjam82@gmail.com) if you can offer any help.

I know this isn't really Sakchai related but here's another guy going through possible deportation with a campaign behind him. We're not alone!

http://www.friendsofernesto.org.uk

I have already been in touch with Chris to offer any assistance and I have already joined the group. Cheers :D