Well it would be fine to see his productivity record.  :rofl:

In all the time he has been here how often has he been seen in public. :thmbsup

A legal requirement,but still a waste of public money,in my opinion.  :cry:

How many bleeding politicians do we need for a population of 23,000  :ponders:

^Please explain.

we require one, by law.  simple.

“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

Martin Luther King. Jr.

yes Michael  Martin Luther King Jr was speaking about Shetlands need for a CEO when he said that. 

The subject matter is irrelevant, the point of principle remains the same.

^Please explain.

we require one, by law.  simple.

“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

Martin Luther King. Jr.

yes Michael  Martin Luther King Jr was speaking about Shetlands need for a CEO when he said that. 

The subject matter is irrelevant, the point of principle remains the same.

Even if it means disciplinary action being taken against the local government?  Fines probable for not having a head of paid services.  Youre happy to moan at the cost of media training i see but happy for the council to waste money on unnecessary fines.

The only people to have really gained from our CEO lack of ability and unwillingness to participate and do the job to a reasonable standard apart from himself of course are the department heads and executive managers who have as a direct result followed suit and done Sweet FA for the past 5 years taking full advantage of the free reign and lack of accountability and supervision, the losers of course being the public of Shetland once again! To the tune of around £750,000 with nothing to show it’s an absolute disgrace and to be frank warrants a public enquiry!
Again there is nobody shining from within the ranks of the SIC to put forward for CEO unless of course you want another 5 years of sitting on your a*se going backwards, if they must take on someone best make sure it’s someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty is driven, motivated and has some get-up-and-go that will get the house in long overdue order and make managers accountable for their actions or lack of as is quite often the case within SIC management, not just another number to be added to an already over inflated and strained payroll!
We could of course bring back Dave Clarke at least he could see the problems and was willing to do something about them!

Guest Mr.Brown

^Funnily enough I was thinking of starting a thread on the "media training subject" as I hadn't seen anybody talking about it, to my surprise. I was genuinely waiting till I had calmed down a bit so I could be constructive about it. I was absolutely shocked when I read it in the Shetland Times on Friday. Maybe that makes me sound somewhat naive but I am certainly not ashamed to say that it seems totally wrong.

Back to this thread, my "please explain" was genuine (& without any other meaning). My knowledge of the ins & outs of politics (local & national) is probably similar to the "average Joe". I didn't know of the legal requirement for a CEO so that's a bit of info for the memory bank, thanks. But if this well paid position has to be, I think we all have the right to expect to see more than a little productivity for the salary paid.

As for Martin Luther King Jr. I'm guessing he would probably think we in Shetland are very fortunate compared to what black Americans were dealing with in his time but I would doubt if given the chance he would have advised us or anybody to keep quiet & be grateful if we think there is a wrong being done.

The only people to have really gained from our CEO lack of ability and unwillingness to participate and do the job to a reasonable standard apart from himself of course are the department heads and executive managers who have as a direct result followed suit and done Sweet FA for the past 5 years taking full advantage of the free reign and lack of accountability and supervision, the losers of course being the public of Shetland once again! To the tune of around £750,000 with nothing to show it’s an absolute disgrace and to be frank warrants a public enquiry!

Again there is nobody shining from within the ranks of the SIC to put forward for CEO unless of course you want another 5 years of sitting on your a*se going backwards, if they must take on someone best make sure it’s someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty is driven, motivated and has some get-up-and-go that will get the house in long overdue order and make managers accountable for their actions or lack of as is quite often the case within SIC management, not just another number to be added to an already over inflated and strained payroll!

We could of course bring back Dave Clarke at least he could see the problems and was willing to do something about them!

Our  previous Political Leader might make a good candidate for CEO if we really must have one.

He is nor afraid to say his piece in public not that I agree with it all, and further more he probably has already been on the Media brain washing course so that would save a bob or two.