Our CEO!

Ghostrider

I suspect we do not really need our own CEO,this is a job that could surely be shared with Orkney and possibly the Western Isles,anyhow I have no gripe with the appointment but take umbrage like many others with the ridiculous salary.

Many folk are on low wages and  "0" hour contracts , struggling to pay rents and meet utility bills,having to beg and borrow to survive, while our CEO is earning this enormous recompense for doing something that many of us simply cannot comprehend the need for with a meager population here of what 23000.

The bright side she will have to pay a fair quack of tax , whats that out the toon hall door straight back to Holyrood.! 

I suspect we do not really need our own CEO,this is a job that could surely be shared with Orkney and possibly the Western Isles,.......

Sacrilege! Blasphemy! :shock:

Wis an da Wee Frees............Na....na....na!  :D

Variety is the spice of life !  :roll:

I suspect we do not really need our own CEO,this is a job that could surely be shared with Orkney and possibly the Western Isles,.......

Sacrilege! Blasphemy! :shock:

Wis an da Wee Frees............Na....na....na!  :D

Variety is the spice of life !  :roll:

True, true....and I know my standards can be low sometimes.....but.....even I have limits. :razz:

Vote of no confidence now, let’s get it over with, who wants the CEO for less salary? no wait a minute that would never do, it might just go to someone who actually cares how the public purse is spent and whom isn’t facey and won’t promote their friends.

Edited by wotsit

Vote of no confidence now, let’s get it over with, who wants the CEO for less salary? no wait a minute that would never do, it might just go to someone who actually cares how the public purse is spent and whom isn’t facey and won’t promote their friends.

I'd be CEO for £25k.....but I could never stand the shame and disgrace of being 'one of them'.

Of course the CEO was appointed not voted in, and no-one would take this job or any job for that matter for less than the going rate. No-one sane at least. 

One of the main roles will be to manage or "look after" the staff.

Must be better having a local getting the job, who is part of the local community, than bringing up a chancer from sooth.

Of course the CEO was appointed not voted in, and no-one would take this job or any job for that matter for less than the going rate. No-one sane at least. 

One of the main roles will be to manage or "look after" the staff.

Must be better having a local getting the job, who is part of the local community, than bringing up a chancer from sooth.

So you saying that it's okay for her to be a chancer from sooth initially then?  That's okay, is it, in your books, to move here for an SIC position as long as it's not for the CEO role?  I honestly don't mind if the right person for any council job came up from sooth.