SATURDAY BOAT CRISIS

Hi all!

I am needing to go down South with my car this weekend but there is no room for my car on the Saturday sail!

I have been advised to keep checking for cancellations and as a worse case scenario, turn up and hope that it turns out they can fit me on. Has anyone ever tried this before and been successful?

I am booked on the Sunday boat as a back up but I really need to get down on the Saturday. If you or someone you know is on the Saturday boat with a vehicle and is going to cancel please let me know so I can contact Northlink and grab the space!

Or as a real last ditch hope...if anyone with vehicle is on the Saturday boat and can swap me for the Sunday then great - long shot I know but hey, ye dont know till you try.

Any help or advice on this will be appreciated!

X

Hi all!

I am needing to go down South with my car this weekend but there is no room for my car on the Saturday sail!

I have been advised to keep checking for cancellations and as a worse case scenario, turn up and hope that it turns out they can fit me on. Has anyone ever tried this before and been successful?

I am booked on the Sunday boat as a back up but I really need to get down on the Saturday. If you or someone you know is on the Saturday boat with a vehicle and is going to cancel please let me know so I can contact Northlink and grab the space!

Or as a real last ditch hope...if anyone with vehicle is on the Saturday boat and can swap me for the Sunday then great - long shot I know but hey, ye dont know till you try.

Any help or advice on this will be appreciated!

X

I would certainly go down as they will hopefully try to squeeze you on? I have heard a rumour that some companies have spaces prebooked but may not use the. But that could be just a rumour. Good luck with getting a place.

I tried to book a few weeks back and was told it was choc a block. Clearly these boats are not big enough to cope with the present need.

This freight vessel idea made me chuckle until I just found out you can actuslly do that! How do I go about looking into it?

I do need to take the car as Im moving house. I would just arrange to get the car another time but I need it for loading up boxes as well.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone, keep em coming! :)

Guess phone NorthLink....they would surely be able to at least get your car as a worst case scenario on the freight ship, you on the passenger ship and meet up together in the deen.

Think the freighter is down on their timetable for a 10am arrival in Aberdeen as it goes via Kirkwall on the way down.