Tom Hingley (Inspiral Carpets) Live in December

Alan

Tom Hingley, the lead singer with legendary Madchester stalwarts The Inspiral Carpets, will be coming North to play 3 dates around Shetland as part of a Carling Lager sponsored tour this December.

The dates and venues are:

Thursday 7th December - Captain Flints

Friday 8th - Da Mish

Saturday 9th - Mooney's Wake

After his acoustic set Tom will be behind the decks to play some of his favourite Madchester anthems.

All the gigs start at 10pm and entry is FREE!!!

mission up outside sullom voe.. seems to be getting a good reputaion for live bands

I disagree, They've made promises to pay bands and a promoter X amount of cash and failed to come up with the goods, in the case of the promoter I think it left HIM hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

Also the turnouts to some of the gigs has been poor, I suppose thats just like any other venue in Shetland at the moment though.

Tom Hingley played a few gigs up here a few years back. I think it was Suppository Business that acted as his support band and despite the usual low turnout, the gig in the legion was ace.

Any plans for a backing band this time or is it just going to be acoustic - need to decide whether or not to make the trip up north!

Making me realise how damned old I've got when I consider that I first saw the Inspiral Carpets in 1989 - they were supporting The Wedding Present at the Queens Hall that night. Sadly didn't manage to catch their gig in Aberdeen the other month though I did find my old Cool As F*ck t-shirt - sadly size medium :cry:

I disagree, They've made promises to pay bands and a promoter X amount of cash and failed to come up with the goods, in the case of the promoter I think it left HIM hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

(**Mod Edit - Removed swearing. And as that's all there was to the post, there's now nothing left. Sorry Andy :wink: **)

Tom is just coming up himself on this trip. He'll be doing a 90 minute acoustic set before stepping behind the decks to play some Madchester anthems.

Entry at all gigs is completely free (thanks to those nice people at Carling!) so there is no excuse for not coming along!

I see the Inspiral Carpets are booked to play the Glasgow ABC next March.

(**Mod Edit - Removed swearing. And as that's all there was to the post, there's now nothing left. Sorry Andy :wink: **)

I didnt realise there were fascists in the house :wink:

I stand by my swearing :D