Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at da game yesterday, some game by unst.

as far as northernrovers go there was only one player on the yellside

that should be playing A league football dats neil petrie.

Fatboy saunders should be band before he cripples someone,

he should have been sent off yesterday.

WELL PLAYED UNST.

11-1 8O

That's a very impressive score fae Unst, but also very worrying fae a Yell perspective. Unst are a decent side fae what i've seen but i think this result probably represents the poorness o Yell rather than the greatness o Unst.

But might as well enjoy being top o da A league while you can, but watch out for those Deltoids, they sound like a good side to me...

Without a doubt Neil Petrie is the best player Yell has ever had.

It a shame that a player with his class had to play in the mess of yesterday.

Unst were up for the game and Mathew Cox training must have been good.

3 points for Unst the next jump will be to get points off the big boys!!!!!!!!!!

Unst to be middle table would be the same as Delting winning the league?

Well, the long awaited opening to the season has provided a shock result but unfortunatley for Yell it was buisness as usual.

What is going on with the young Yell players? Why did they not turn up for the first match? What does this mean for Yell this season?

I saw the the Unst v Yell match. All credit to the Yell players who turned up....but....it was terrible. They would struggle to beat any U16 side in Shetland never mind seniors.

The conditions were not great and Unst substituted Paul Henderson and Erik Thompson to keep the score down. It really could have been twenty had Unst not taken it easy in the second half and given the subs a run out.

Unst did not play brilliantly but considering it was the first competitive match of the season and the standard of the opposition unst can be satisfied. However, this type of scoreline may be a regular occurence for both sides this season if they are not at full strength.

As for Northern Rovers, the Yell players won't turn out for YELL never mind a combined team. Seriously....forget it...until Yell have a squad of players who want to play and an organised Football club. SHAMBLES!!!!!!

11-1 is a record score between the Unst and Yell for about 15 years.

I can mind playing in 13-0 and 15-1 but that was about 20 years ago.

Yell also had one player in the Thule at kick off time.

I think the Northern Rovers issue is no longer an issue,

Shame about Yell.

Perhaps they might become a good Pub team?????????????????????

( ** MOD EDIT

1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated. ** )

It sounds like the Unst goaly had very little to do apart from the goal. :oops: :roll:

I heard Yell only had 9 strips, if this is true no wonder Unst don't want to join with them! By the sounds of it the yell management couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery!!

Why are Yell like this, the Unst game is the one that I thought they would be up for? And if Yells players would rather go out on the p*ss than play, then that is appauling.

I can only see a poor season for us Yellmen

Now Spurs beating Whalsay is a shock :o :o :o :o

YELL lost 6-0 to whitedale and to be honest, it is not thatna bad scoreline considering the shambles which took place in Unst on Saturday, Yell need to take this as a positive and build on it by getting a solid and well organised and hard working team which isn't as easy to break down.

You could say they need to "all pull in one direction" aye victorandjack

Yell do have some descent players, although sometimes it is easy to forget this. 8)

Not to make excuses for obviously a disastrous scoreline on Saturday, but I feel this should be pointed out.

Number of players missing from the Unst squad on Saturday: 0.

Number of players missing from the Yell squad on Saturday: 10.

These being:

Myself (injured, and south)

Steven Coutts (abroad on holiday)

Brian Henderson (injury)

Lee Jamieson (at university)

Michael Nisbet (at university)

Arnold Brown (work commitments)

Wayne Odie (at university)

Alan Keith (work commitments)

Jason Jamieson (badminton commitments)

Stephen Saunders (injured)

It's perfectly feasible that all of those players would have been in the starting XI if fit - Definately the vast majority. I've attempted to explain that this would be the case since last year. Both teams know that if we had our full team out, it would have been a very different scoreline.

Apparently Whitedale were impressive in Yell last night, John Moncreiff scored a screamer.