Scottish Pubs

JAStewart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your a celtic fan Bar 67 or Bairds Bar up the Gallowgate is great for banter before a game!

:lol:

If you're a Celtic fan you have to try a pint or two at da Brazen Head doon at da Gorbals. Live bands pre and post match and brilliant craic. Good for pre-Hampden matches.

Agree that the Gallowgate is the place to be before a Celtic Park match.

Another good wee pub is the Press Bar, down London Road heading into town it's on your left doon a peerie street. No strips or colours though.

My current Glasgow favourites are:

La Taverne Bastille (formerly Sloans) off Argyle Street - relaxed continental sophistication, excellent lagers and reasonably priced traditional french nosh.

Stravaigin on Gibson Street. Excellent cocktails, great pints of Guiness and top notch, creative pub grub.

The wee Greek place, Konaki, on Sauchiehall st, Glasgow, does good food but in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. I would def recommend it.

Another good place is Bar Soba in Mitchell Lane as is the place that is upstairs in Princes Square that I can't remember the name of...... to the right of Ming's and last or second last on the row along!!!

You've never tried an Aberdeen bar until you've been in da "Schooner" at seven in the morning .. crikey ... whit a fun! Nae sarcasm!

Bottom 'o Market Street if onybody is wondering.

It was a good laugh but I hate to let you all doon but its shut for refurbishment, Take a while I doot

I'd heard (from an Aberdeen cabbie) that it's closed for good. Liscence lost and pressure from the police. It might be changing hands or something.

I had to make do with the Belmont :wink:

Schooner is back open for business - quite a refit by the look outside! unfortunately was just passing in car so didn't have a chance to go in.

The clientele and atmosphere in The Louden Tavern are second to none.

Clientele your havin a laugh. Alright if your a bigot!

Let me guess, you drink Guiness, love U2, and have a picture of Henrik on your bedroom wall. :?

I live and work within a short walk of the Louden Frankie. I have absolutely no affiliation with either side of the Old Firm, in fact, after living in Glasgow for four years I would say I hold both sides in equal contempt.

I would not consider for a second entering the Louden. And that's just from seeing the wildlife outside. It looks like a terrible place.

The clientele and atmosphere in The Louden Tavern are second to none.

Clientele your havin a laugh. Alright if your a bigot!

Let me guess, you drink Guiness, love U2, and have a picture of Henrik on your bedroom wall. :?

Nope dont lik guiness, U2`s ok and I dunna hae Henrik on my wall!! He is god tho

• 4 weeks later...
The Grapes is a great pub up the Paisley Road, a few hundred yards from Ibrox. I woudl strongly recommend it to Celtic fans travelling down from Shetland for an Old Firm game.

:lol:

This sh*thole is the reason The West of Scotland gets a bad name. Bigot bars of this sort should be shut down or shipped back to Northern Ireland where they can be somone else's problem.