Puressence + Revolver @ The North Star - 7th April

Alan

The final night of live music in the North Star has been confirmed for Saturday 7th April.

Headlining will be Manchester indie band Puressence who wowed punters and press alike when they last played at the North Star in January 2005.

Puressence have been together for over 10 years, and in that time have released 3 albums on Island Records. Their eponymous debut album was released in 1996 and was followed by Only Forever in 1998 and Planet Helpless in 2001.

They are probably best known for the epic anthem This Feeling which was a top 20 hit in 1998. Another notable single of theirs is Walking Dead which is used on Sky Sports and the video (which i've attached below) features Madchester icons Mani and Bez.

After a legal wrangle with Island, which left the band unable to release anything for 5 years, the band returned in December last year with their new single Palisades, which went top 5 in the indie charts.

Next month they release the single Drop Down To Earth, which will be followed by their 4th album in the summer.

Support for the Shetland date comes from Revolver and the Weekender DJ's, who themselves used to pack the North Star in the mid-nineties with their selection of indie anthems.

Tickets are on sale now from Mooney's Wake, priced at £10.

Doors are at 10pm and we have an extended 3am licence (but there is no entry allowed after 1am)

Puressence - Walking Dead:

Puressence - This Feeling:

Puressence - Standing In Your Shadow (live):

Puressence are fog-bound in Manchester.........damnations!!!!!

So the line up is now:-

Junk De Lux

The North Country Fair

Revolver

suplimented by the Weekeender DJs

Admission price has been reduced to a fiver...

Going to be a great night :D .....come along and say goodbye to the North Star... :cry:

A fantastic night....

I really enjoyed myself....

Just wish I knew more of the lyrics for "We'll meet again"....and that the whole thing wasn't on video...... :oops:

A fitting end to live music in the North Star.....I thought all the bands were superb!!!

Cheers

Marvin

Despite all the set backs leading up to the gig, it turned out to be a great night in the North Star.

Big thanks to Sven and the lads for coming at the last minute - true professionals.

Thanks to North Country Fair for extending their set, and what a great set it was.

Big thanks to Joe Robertson and Peter Gear for playing with my band Revolver.

And once again a great selection of tunes from Marvin and Craig, We'll Meet Again - A masterstroke.

Huge thanks to everyone who turned out and made it a really special night for all involved, and a fitting send off for the best live music venue north of Glasgow.

We'll meet again...