Best and Worst Local Band Ever?

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the best band name you've come with since "Cluck Cluck Jibber Jibber My Old Man's a Mushroom etc" :lol:

My lord! Dats a blast fae da past. Was that a beanfeast band. Was I in it?

Mind the "Carrot Shop" band? A certain keyboard player and the vocalist wore carrot earings at a roller disco 'gig' :lol: Dear me......

Dat joost browt me oot in cowld swits I hid firgoten aboot dat bloody hell

I think I've been in a few of the worst but as far as I remember I had a good time no matter what the band was and even really poor bands are still often enjoyed by the audience.

Westlife is one that springs to mind I know they're not from Shetland(thankfully) but I had the missfortue of having to watch them and they were poor, really just a huge karaoke and at one point they got a 14 year old girl from the audience to sing with them and she was as good as they were. So it's all relative. I've never been a fan of who's the best/worst, it tends to be very elitist. It'll be whos got the biggest instrument next.

Ah haa, I was expecting that! Drum kits are a collection of instruments. I could get all my basses together and make a big "bass kit", but then Foo could easily beat me with his south paw arsenal....

but surely playing a bass kit means they actually become drums?

or how about a 6' gong

Firebird.

Jamie on drums, Duncan Phillips on guitar/vocals and Jonathan Ritch on bass. They are indeed very good.

That's a bloody good line up! I reckon Jamie is a very under-rated drummer, possibly because it's his 2nd instrument (or at least what poeple think is his 2nd instrument) Duncan's songs are great and JR is a genius

• 2 weeks later...

i think the best band ever to grace shetland was careless flow they were ace . At the end of the night there was always a big shout for more. i even still wear one of their t shirts must be a collectors item by now.

I think the worst band was john kays from whalsays band(cant remember the name but they were crap) they played kergord marquee. i remember the crowd thowing tins at them and chucikng beer over them they were shouting some real death metal lyrics.

can anyone remember mosbanks finest the urinal cubes?Ryan Arthurs band they were pish too.

I think the worst band was john kays from whalsays band(cant remember the name but they were crap) they played kergord marquee. i remember the crowd thowing tins at them and chucikng beer over them they were shouting some real death metal lyrics.

That band was called G.O.B, The setlist was a bit of paronoid by black sabbath, A bit of anarchy in the U.K by the Sex Pistols and wild thing if I remember correctly, Ha Ha it was the only songs I could play on the guitar, don't remember "Death metal lyrics" though John was singing in broad whalsay acsent. I remember peeriebryan did the sound and quite politly turned it down and said our time was up :lol: , Also my brother broke McFlys drum sticks (he did buy a new pair but never got round to giving them to him) :oops:.

All I can say is I am sorry, But we all got to start somewhere :wink: !!

Also my brother broke McFlys drum sticks (he did buy a new pair but never got round to giving them to him) :oops:.

Oh happy days. I remember that gig.

I wasn't worried about the broken sticks Foo, but I do remember having to prevent your bro from leathering the batter head on my snare with the spiky broken end of one :lol: