Running groups ?

daveh

My wife and I are planning to move to Shetland (in the coming couple of months or so) to live in the Cunningsburgh area.

One of my hobbies is running (I have completed quite a few marathons) but am slowing down quite a bit these days (well, I am aged 59!).

Are there any local running groups or individuals in the area who I could perhaps link up with for company whilst running occasionally?

Are there any local running groups or individuals in the area who I could perhaps link up with for company whilst running occasionally?

There is a Shetland Running Network - they organised a half-marathon last year. I don't have any direct contact details, but the

Clickimin Leisure Centre ( 01595 691000 ) should be able to point you in the right direction.

Paul woods is your contact for the Running Group.

They meet regularly over the year and will be organising weekly fun sessions throughout the summers.

As for the Athletics Club, it is focused mostly on the specific training needs of up and coming youngsters.

There is quite a few races planned in Shetland this year, there seems to be something of a running boom at the moment! Well timed