Who can knock Delting off their pedestal?

Jeemsie1989

Who can finally topple Delting?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who can finally topple Delting?

• Whalsay
    • Spurs
    • Celtic

• 11 months later...

Were Delting not missing da "3" midfielders you mention for much of last season? of the 3 are they all likley to return? Stuart Hay seems set for a return next season but there seems no word of a return for Ross Jamieson? Alan Duncan as good a player as he is, can only have a limited impact as he is unavailable for much of the games? Your right Whalsay finished on the same points and virtually the same goals for an against, but to say they have not improved as a team from last year is a bit off the mark.

Sorry mr roadrunner, na I doot you'll still be in we a shout next year along we Whalsa, Whitedale, Milkbags and Celtic (if they can get a good start before there students come hom) I tink it'll be even closer next year! Who knows da mighty bumble bees might even be pushin for a champions league spot! Cheers boy!

I think the only teams that have really improved this season were Whitedale and Ness.

At the start of the season if you would have said Delting would drop 10 point which is unheard off from them over the last x-amount of years then Whalsay, Whitedale, Celtic and Spurs would all have seen it as a great chance to push for the title?

Whalsay have been consistent all season and that’s what wins titles at the end of the day points don’t lie. They haven’t run away with the title but they have been consistent.

But I have to agree that they haven’t necessarily improved from other seasons they have always been there pushing Delting and if Delting would have dropped as much points in previous seasons they may well have won more titles.

Ness have had some good results this season and hopefully they can progress again next season.

Whitedale have had a couple of great Cup wins but will be disappointed in there league position. But a great finish to the season and a bit more consistence and I’ am sure they would have been in the mix.

Celtic and Spurs you always hope they will push on to the next level as they have the potential but it just hasn’t happen for them this season.

As far as missing players go Delting have defiantly been the biggest losers. Between Stuart Hay and Ross Jamieson you are taking away 50 possibly 60 goals from a team as well as there experience and they were both missing the whole season.

Alan Duncan played a few games but if he is now settled south then that is all he will ever play so you can’t use him as an excuse anymore.

Kevin Main has been a big miss for them he hasn’t played much this season but is never mentioned much either. He always gives a solid performance whenever I have seen him.

Yes Whalsay and a lot of other teams have also had injuries, boys at collage and players moved away but it’s the quality of the Delting players that have been missing that makes it harder for them.

But it’s all part of football and that’s just my opinion.

I still think Delting closely followed by Whalsay are the teams to catch and the rest of us need to up our game to do that

There no doubt Stuart and Ross are two of the best players ever been in Shetland football and you can't remove them and expect the team to be the same, but in terms of potential I think Ross Irvine and Alastair would probably not be far off 50 odd goals a season as well, but I also agree about no ones really improved other than Ness and Whitedale.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is Mr Hustak few people appreciate how good Alastair is, with the exception of right backs and team mates. Whereas everyone can see how good the two Delts are.

As a former right back and coach I think Alastair will be a huge bonus next year. He has improved over the last five years greatly, from the young lad who got subbed off against me to have a fag, to the 25 goal machine he is now. Apart from goals he also never stops moving up and down the line offering an out ball, maintains the teams shape and plays with is head up! Which allows him to pick out his front men.

I would say he creates as many goals as he scores. And I can guarantee he will get himself fit enough to be a real handful for any full backs out there.