Moto GP

AngusMecoatup

Rossi was really unlucky last week.That tyre fault could have been nasty.Pedrosa,it has to be said is a star of the future make no mistake.For someone that weighs only 52 kilos in his leathers to muscle around a bike that is around 150 kilos and puts out over 260 bhp is astonishing.

This weeks race was another belter.Melandri rode a blinder and deserved the win,and Pedrosa,who admited opting for a softer tyre which started to go off in the latter part of the race should have won again..........but then again,if Rossi's bike hadn't died it looked like he was going win by around 10-15 seconds.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Rossi's getting all his previous years share of bad luck in one season. The rookies this year are complete stars and showing the long-termers how it should be done. Good to see Suzuki making a decent showing as well.

Pedrosa gets stick for being so light but he's only something like 6-8kg lighter than Elias, Stoner & Capirossi. They don't get hassle for being so much lighter than the rest of the field.

For me I'm just happy to watch good racing and glad to see a competitive championship for a change.

Roll on Mugello!

Pedrosa = Biaggi

Would it kill him to smile.

What about Edwards, Holy moley he came from last (after the first lap encounter) and ended sixth, WITH THE OLD CHASSIS!!!!

I still think 500gp's were better than motogp, It was alot more excieting?

Do you thinK Rossi would have anything on Doohan, Rainey or the mighty Schwantz?

Hypothetically speaking,what a race that would be! Doohan-Rainey-Schwantz and Rossi on the front row.....Schwantz in pole....all on the same machinery,hard one to call. If Schwantz didnt have one of his spectacular get off's he would surely win.With Schwantz sitting in the gravel, Doohan would just steal it from Rossi with Rainey snapping at their heels. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone see the carnage at Catalunya?This was one of the worst crashes i have ever seen.Capirossi clipped Gibernau's bike and locked on his front break which sent poor Loris over the bars and onto the track at well over one hundred mph.The result of this sent several riders skittling down the road.Marco Melandri's left arm then gets dragged into Pedrosa's back wheel which was rather difficult to watch,which thankfully only dislocated his shoulder and left him with multiple cuts and bruises.Gibernau is out of the next two races at least with a broken shoulder.His run to hospital in the ambulance was his second crash when it was involved in a collision with a bus resulting in Sete getting flung on his ass,nae luck that man.Little Loris was fairly well beaten up also and as he was being stretchered to a waiting ambulance the medics decided to drop him.Both Loris and Marco will be back in action this weekend though will be more than a little tender.

ps... This weeks race at Assen is on Saturday at 12:30.

And Rossi is now riding with a chipped bone in his hand a a dislocated bone somewhere about his ankle after binning it in the free practice this morning... Will any of the top 5 make it to Donington? Hope so, my workmate bought his tickets last week and will be hell to put up with if it goes pearshaped...

What amazes me having seen Marco doing a good impression of a hotdog between a Duke and and a Honda is the news that he was going to give free practice a go today and decide as close as possible to the race if he's going to go for it or not. Loris is apparently going for it too - what do they feed them on in Italy, rocks?

Seriously, the crash in Barcalona was one a total heartstopper. Every time they replayed it, it got worse. At least we found out that James Ellison has a use though, he was able to tell Randy Mamola what had happened, the Eurosport commentators didn't have much clue. I was told by a mate watching the Beeb coverage that Steve Parish clocked it immediately though.

Did you see the fantastic race in Mugello? No wonder Schumaker had an uncomfortable look on his face watching - he wouldn't understand the overtaking principle as entertainment. Biggest compliment I think was Rossi's reaction in the winner's enclosure when he caught up with Loris. Total respect for a great (and clean) battle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No long till free practice gets underway in Valencia. I canna wait till da race on Sunday - and we've got McCoy on the Ilmore and Bayliss back on the Ducati - I'm getting all jittery just thinkin aboot it!!

I hope that nobody gets taken out and it's an exciting and fair race all the way to the flag.

What a race! What a finalé! Bayliss rode a blinder, but you had to feel sorry for him at the end as he was totally eclipsed by both Hayden and Rossi! What a bizarre scenario! I don't think he minded though.

Hayden certainly puts his heart into it!

Nice to see Rossi being a 'bigger man' at the end. Probably the most 'feel-good' race i've watched.

You had to kind of hope that Rossi would pull off the fairytale title win though, coming from last, eh? It could have happened!

Still no word on what binned him?

It's going to seem like a long time till the bikes start back up in March!! I hope next year is as good as this year has been. I also hope:

- no one runs away with any of the championships.

- the Suzuki's & Kwaka's are more competitive.

- Stoner manages to stay right way up till the end of a race more than half the time.

- Andrew Pitt gets a decent bike.

- Biaggi makes an ass of WSB :twisted:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4133/star69dk9.png

Repsol Honda's Nicky Hayden clinched the MotoGP Riders' World Championship on Sunday,

in the climax to one of the most dramatic Grand Prix seasons ever,

from reports coming out of the HRC camp 2007 is going to be even better!!!!!!

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9807/nickyhaydenyw8.png

...OR..

could it be Alex Barros on a DUCATI for the top step next year, can't wait.

Alex Barros:

"I’m very happy to come back and race in the premier-class with the Team Pramac D’Antin Motogp.

The new Ducati Desmosedici GP7 800cc already seems a very good project. I’m really confident,

I know the Team and I’m sure that we will make a good job together.

I can’t wait to be back to compete for the first positions with a MotoGP bike".

Sal

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7643/cards9pq.gif

• 4 months later...