Laptop Purchase - HELP!

ISOT

Acer one from Amazon, set you back about £254 excellent small size laptop

Free delivery to Shetland

make sure you go for the one with a hard disk, not the flash memory/linux operating system - the link below is correct

Dont let the size fool you its very capable of doing what you want.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-One-Netbook-Sapphire/dp/B001BZ922U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228747406&sr=8-4

We bought an Acer laptop 11 months ago it has to be the slowest most useless purchase I have ever stupidly made so bad we have taken it away with us twice and dropped it off with them as were sure something in it simply is not right.

Im sure we have all used the term gas driven about our computer at some time this one IS I can actually click on a website lay it down walk through to the kitchen put the kettle on make the T and when I wander back its still not loaded its useless they say theirs nothing wrong with it we have had the memory upgraded to 1 gb no difference ?

And yes my internet speed is fine as my Dell Laptop works just fine as does the desktop I built myself.

The Acer has connection issues loses connection, incredibly slow all in all I would NOT recommend Acer laptops to anyone.

If anything im sure you could get a decent Dell for your money ?

If you aren't doing anything complex (ie: internet browsing, word processing) then a Netbook is probably your best bet rather than a Laptop.

I personally own an Advent 4211 (MSI Wind everywhere else outside the UK), you can buy them from PC World. Decent enough specs, never had any issues with it, small enough to take with you on journeys. Highly recommend it.

The other alternative is the Dell Mini 9 (i think its called that?), ASUS Eee PC (although there are so many different models its pretty confusing what the differences are between them) and there are a few other ones flying around these days.

We bought an Acer laptop 11 months ago it has to be the slowest most useless purchase I have ever stupidly made so bad we have taken it away with us twice and dropped it off with them as were sure something in it simply is not right.

Im sure we have all used the term gas driven about our computer at some time this one IS I can actually click on a website lay it down walk through to the kitchen put the kettle on make the T and when I wander back its still not loaded

Then I'm sure we can all agree that there is something wrong with it or its connection. I'm not sure id write-off what is a very successful brand based upon that though.

Yep, bought and used many Acer laptops with very few problems. One did have a hard drive that died suddenly but these things do happen.

Is it just web pages that load slowly or do other applications seem slow? What else is/isn't running on it. Have you tried a different web browser in case the installation is corrupt?

I once saw a BMW driving slowly. They must be slow cars, wouldn't recommend them. ;)