ferries

Guest willz320

There are regulations - I am very interested to find out what happens to the ferry company?! I bet they are worried!

With NorthLink any vehicle generally over 3.5-7 tonnes, or quite long, is lashed with chains and tensioners to the deck. This type of incident wouldnt be possible anyway, because of the design of the car deck.

Because of the type of seas between Aberdeen, Orkney and Shetland - the lashing policy is strictly adhered to.

There are regulations - I am very interested to find out what happens to the ferry company?! I bet they are worried!

With NorthLink any vehicle generally over 3.5-7 tonnes, or quite long, is lashed with chains and tensioners to the deck. This type of incident wouldnt be possible anyway, because of the design of the car deck.

Because of the type of seas between Aberdeen, Orkney and Shetland - the lashing policy is strictly adhered to.

Shame it's not to all vehicles in rough weather. Got someone else's tow hitch through my front grille not long ago!

I agree - there have been times when my lorry was on the ferry coming up with livestock and I thought they will surely put the chains on, only to find they hadn't.

I lay awake one night listening to that boom as the ship takes each wave thinking, ah well that will be my lorry going from one end to the other like a marble in a tube.

When we went down to see the animals in Orkney (in order to get them off and have them shot because they had surely broken their legs in transit), everything was fine. The animals were happy and I realised that all the too-ing and fro-ing of making sure we were bang slap in the middle of the deck, when originally parking, was for a reason! Nothing had moved!

Worse night of my life that. I was very scared!