Trawlers, Rigs and Rescue

I've watched a couple of episodes and it seems to centre on people who make their living on the North Sea, so I guess they just had to find a excuse to visit Lerwick at Up-Helly- Aa. I've noticed a couple of LK registered boats in some of the sequences and they were on a fisheries patrol boat just off Foula.

By the way I seem to mind seeing the same link in another thread a couple of weeks ago.

Anybody know what date this episode will be shown?

There doesn't seem to be any info of how the features are to be scheduled, but trailers are being uploaded here for each "next" episode:

http://www.trawlersrigsandrescue.com/

And why is it on that particular programme? Doesn't seem appropriate somehow!

Not many trawlers, but plenty of "rigouts" and perhaps a few rescues ;-)

... I guess they just had to find a excuse to visit Lerwick at Up-Helly- Aa.

Not just for the event. They were up several times over the winter to cover the preparations.

And why is it on that particular programme? Doesn't seem appropriate somehow!

I got an update from them and they are now saying that they've also decided that the UHA material doesn't fit with the other stuff. The original series brief was more general and about north sea characters. They then changed it to be more work activity related.

So, as things stand, now the UHA stuff is not going to be included in the main episodes but might end up used elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Not an interesting programme to watch, I'm more of a person that likes to see documentaries, programmes about diet (like Gillian McKeith, the 'camel face' woman).

All you can watch is just fishermen and nothing else, just crap on a boat that has a monotonous script written out.

Get oot.

Not an interesting programme to watch, I'm more of a person that likes to see documentaries, programmes about diet (like Gillian McKeith, the 'camel face' woman).

All you can watch is just fishermen and nothing else, just crap on a boat that has a monotonous script written out.

As opposed to just watching people dieting and nothing else, just crap on some scales that has a monotonous script written out?

Everybody sleeping, reading books and generally not doing much????

You can easy see you dont have a clue about fishing Ertie..I have seen men near sleeping on there feet at the fishing...They must be putting some hours in reading :roll: