Shetland Walk for Charity

Day 4

This was a brilliant day, not because it was Unst, and being an Unst man I should enjoy this one anyways! But because of the weather and company which helped me along.

I set away from Belmont at the back of 8am, reaching Baltasound by 10.30am. Me, my 2 aunties, my sister, my wife and 2 year old son, walked to the Boating Club for breakfast before setting off again for Skaw. They decided they were going to accompany me north so north we geed, in brilliant weather, reaching Skaw in record time at 2.30pm. The blisters were good, bandaged up, however the sprained ankle was very sore, and nearly did my other ankle walking along the Setters which would have been a complete nightmare!

My final leg of the journey tomorrow is the leg from Toft to Voe, which was missed out from Day 2 due to injuries. So come around lunchtime tomorrow, I can hopefully declare I have........not going to jinx anything, let you know tomorrow how I've done. :)

Day 5

Finished...

Set away from Toft this morning around 9.30am, glorious weather, then out of completly nowhere a bizarre rain shower which lasted about an hour, wasn't too horrendious however, it cooled me! My auntie managed to take the day af her wark and surprised me by walking the last 10 mile distance, which was excellent, finished by 12.40pm.

Straight to the Wheel, and the Thule, early night tonight, back tae wark damorren!

Thank you again to everyone who sponsored, the website remains open for donations, remember every penny goes straight to the excellent charity Cancer Research UK.

www.runningsponsorme.org/shetlandwalk

It was done abit backside first so to clarify this was it being done....

Day 1 Sumburgh to Scalloway

Day 2 Scalloway to Voe

Day 3 Ulsta to Gutcher

Day 4 Belmont tae Skaw Beach

Day 5 Toft to Voe

There are pictures, taken by Desley Stickle, when received they can be published.

Good on you for sticking it out, and still having feet left at the end of it.

Not something I'd ever have attempted at any time of life, enduring the distance might have been one thing, but just platching on and on mile after mile the repetitiveness of it all would have driven me crazy.

• 3 weeks later...