poultry egg sale /swap

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im waiting for the prices to fall on ebay. our norfolk bronzes made 8kg /17.6lbs. the blacks the year before made 7.5kg/ 16.5lbs. the whites do make a much bigger one but we could not get one in the oven. a friends made 40+ lbs thats a bit too much turkey even for me.

im watching every few days would you like to know if any turn up.

Keedle, we had a bronze/black poult last christmas didn't dare weigh it but it only just fitted in the roasting pan and its a very large pan - only just fits into the oven.

I tried to buy some commercial white eggs off ebay last year and had a very poor transaction from a timewaster and never got the eggs.

I think the trick is to start earlier with the traditional breeds, they'll be tastier too.

Yes paulb that would be great . We also have acsess to sex linked hens eggs if you would like details pm me 8) 8) 8)

there is a guy offering white turkey eggs for pre order for posting mid april. i would not risk that but hopefully the prices are due to drop £24 for 6 plus postage is way to much.

Have found turkey eggs on ebay for 24 (12 bronze and 12 white) for £36.00 . Is this a reasonable price ? We have had hens eggs before from them with no problems . They are pre order delivery mid April .
if they are the pre order onws they seem to have good feed back. i just don't like the idea of paying and waiting nearly a month. £1.50 seems to the going rate at the moment. i think i will wait until april and see if the prices drop.

A company have agreed to send me up meat breed hatching eggs and sex linked layer hatching eggs and commercial turkey eggs if anyone is interested in getting some on the same order and save on shipping costs.

i would be intrested in a dozen turkey eggs and the same meat birds. whats the cost.