poultry egg sale /swap

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely birds Frances!

Landrover have pm'd you re eggs - I'd be interested in 18 say, where are the eggs based?

Crofter I've had very mixed results with eggs from south. From Aberdeenshire usually an 80% hatch rate but further than than particularly Wales (sorry anyone from there :wink: ) pathetic! Some boxes arrived smashed and the eggs broken, often the yolks were ruptured - usually bad from ebay - I just don't bother any more.

We should get thriving and variable flocks here in Shetland, bit like the seedbank that another memeber suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

that an amazing rate for posted eggs. ours are in with 17 turkey eggs and some jersey giant. the jersey giants were not a good buy 4 of the 12 were scrambled.

have you tried colin mansell in fetler he has a lot of turkeys. he may be able to help. if you don't get one let us know in a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

landrovers eggs were great. all hatched. had to kill one but thats life. there packing system worked well.

our tuks have hatched 9 out of 17 so far. again one had to be culled. they seem a mix of blacks and bronze. pity i fancied some of the less common ones. i may try again. due to incubate 12 brahmas if they hatch well does anyone want a spare one.