Nuclear Weapons

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying that if all countries had nuclear weapons, there would be no more large scale conflict? Why are people so worried about Iran and North Korea getting nukes, then?

Because there is an inherit false fear that Iran or N.Korea will launch them or they will be accidentally launched or whatever.

This is despite there being now evidence something like this would happen. Countries have a huge vested interest in not letting their nuclear weapons be used willy nilly.

You don't think letting every tinpot military dictator have the means to kill millions of people doesn't carry the slightest risk ?

I think it's no more dangerous than letting someone who believes I am going to burn in hell for eternity for not believing in a deity have them, aka Bush.

SuperDuperEvilCrazyâ„¢ dictators tend to have a vested interest in staying in power. How many suicidal Hitler's have their been? They want to stay in power, and if using their nuclear weapons results in invention by other states which may result in SDEC Dictator's death, then they won't want to do it.

You don't think letting every tinpot military dictator have the means to kill millions of people doesn't carry the slightest risk ?

I think it's no more dangerous than letting someone who believes I am going to burn in hell for eternity for not believing in a deity have them, aka Bush.

That doesn't make sense, proliferation is obviously more dangerous, not equally as dangerous. And if you regard religious extremism and nuclear weapons as a volatile mix why is a nuclear Iran a "false fear".

Because there is an inherit false fear that Iran or N.Korea will launch them.......accidentally.

Yes, a nuclear accident is a thing of fantasy.

How many suicidal Hitler's have their been? They want to stay in power, and if using their nuclear weapons results in invention by other states which may result in SDEC Dictator's death, then they won't want to do it.

What a bad example you chose, you know Hitler did actually commit suicide? :-)

If he had atomic weapons he almost certainly would have used them, perhaps not if the Nazis' conventional weapons could get the job done but almost certainly as an alternative to suicide in the bunker and the collapse of the Reich. Wasn't he was quite focused on the idea of a super weapon (V2 not nuclear weapons) to save the war for Germany?

If suicide terror is so hard to deter, why haven't we seen much more terrorism?

It takes a special kind of nutcase to volunteer, and then actually go through with it. Thankfully such arguable insanity is not exactly commonplace.

It seemed to be the forte of those who'd been brainwashed in to believing there would be 40 virgins or whatever waiting for them in the next life, I could be wrong but I'm tempted to suspect such bribery creates temporary insanity. :wink:

If suicide terror is so hard to deter, why haven't we seen much more terrorism?

It takes a special kind of nutcase to volunteer, and then actually go through with it. Thankfully such arguable insanity is not exactly commonplace.

:

We do however get the occasional soldier who is posthumously awarded the VC. No doubt the soldier who was shot whilst trying to lob a grenade into an Afghan compound will get a special mention.

It seemed to be the forte of those who'd been brainwashed in to believing there would be 40 virgins or whatever waiting for them in the next life, I could be wrong but I'm tempted to suspect such bribery creates temporary insanity.

If said tinpot military dictator was to start flinging out nukes; they better hope for a very large supply of virgins waiting, for when the retaliation strike lights up their world.

It's one thing to send in some lone wolf nutjob suicide bomber, to die for the cause but does this scale up to making their whole nation a suicide bomber? as their cause would be blown to atoms, along with all their people in the reply strike.