Animals topic in school

I'm a teacher in the Bellsbrae ASN department. I am just about to start a project on farm animals and pets. I am looking for anyone with any animals they would be willing to bring in to visit my pupils (obviously smaller animals such as puppies, kittens etc) or anyone who has any animals of interest which we could arrange to come out and visit?

Can be very stressful for most pets to be brought into a classroom environment and not really a good idea

I wouldn't agree with that as most domesticated animals, when raised correctly, should not mind being around people. I am sure that others may have differing opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

Can be very stressful for most pets to be brought into a classroom environment and not really a good idea

I would have to disagree there! I work with shetland ponies and last year we had one in the Wastview care centre to visit the residents and if anything she enjoyed it as much as them! :D

To be honest it really depends on their upbringing and whether or not they trust the human that's working with them