Help - Aberdeen Rail station

Please can someone tell me if you can walk through the new shopping centre (opposite the road that comes out from the ferry terminal) to the station or do you still have to go round via Market Street and turn left at Guild Street......?

Also is anyone on the boat Monday night going to Aberdeen Rail Station in the morning who could just point some teenagers in the right direction?

(***Mod Edit - Moved from 'Shetland News' to 'Travel' - Aberdeen Rail Station really doesn't have a terrible lot to do with Shetland News***)

Many thanks for that.

Mods, I do realise it is not actual News for you, but it is a rather important plea for help which is now relegated to the backwaters of "Travel" and will probably not be seen.

Is there perhaps a chance it could be moved back to a section perhaps a bit more noticeable?

Or, now here's a thought, what about an URGENT Section. These are trying times and it might be appropriate and useful for others, not just me.

If you're like me you go for the Posts Since Last Visit so it doesn't matter which forum this appears in.

According to Wikipedia

The centre is daily from 6.00am to allow pedestrian access to the bus and train stations, the centre remains open until the early hours of the morning (due to the late cinema opening hours).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Square_Aberdeen

There is a map of the centre here

http://www.unionsquareaberdeen.com/Vicinitee.Assets/Documents/20100208UnionSquareMap2.pdf

I haven't been to Aberdeen since Union Square opened so I can't give you specific advice however what bug says seems to be correct. I had a look on Google Street View but it isn't much use for this as the centre is still under construction.

It really would be hard to miss. If you are inside Union Square it is at the extreme far end from the ferry Terminal (just before the door out) on your left. If you enter from the door nearest the Ferry, just keep going through the centre as far as you can. If you enter from the Bus station, it's right in front of you as you come into the large concourse.

The original stone facade of the railway station is still in place and it is signposted inside the centre.

If you did miss it, you would have to go past it and out of the centre where the original station layout is still there on your left hand side.

Depends on how familiar they are with the area though I suppose.