JAStewart

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's okay Spinner I got off the Cyberchair this morning, here's what I found:

G,R's - 19" LG HD Ready LCD with the specs Spinner asked for - £189.99

I didn't take down a model number as I hate standing with a pen a paper in a shop but I think it was something like 19L2000.

I counted 25 TV's on show with a couple of spaces where they had obviously sold out. Plenty of sizes to choose from and mostly Samsung, LG and Finlux?? I think. The boy said they can get Panasonic if you have a model in mind.

Hydro - 19" Sanyo same spec as regardas output but just seemed to be HD Ready.

They had around 20 Tv's of similar brands to G.R's with Panasonic to.

So, Zebbidy the day you looked in the local shops they must have sold out of everything and their show models, they must be doing something right!

:wink:

in case you have not sussed this out yet i am quite into my electronic equipment an
i have yet to see LG, samsung or hannspree (one of the best European tv brands)

Unless I am misreading something here then you do not seem to be aware that Hannspree is a Taiwanese company...

LG or Samsung is not a bad recommendation to make seeing as they are the two biggest manufacturers of LCD around. If you have a LCD telly or monitor then it is a good chance that the panel inside it is made by one of those two companies.

In case you have not sussed this out yet, I am quite into my electronic equipment as well. JAS started this thread in the hope that somebody could point him to a reasonably priced screen for the purposes he required. As you seem to be unable to do this then please refrain from posting anymore to this thread.

You're right Pooks this is getting nowhere, sorry for the Hijack JAS but I think the point is have a look local first as they seem to be quite competitive nowadays. Might be that you can get what you want cheaper of the net but the gap is narrowing now as has been pointed out. Let us know how you get on!

Cheers