Sky TV boxes

Gonnae no...

Why not try the classifieds right here :)

If you meant you are considering a different kind of box, Sky+ or the like, you will need a package upgrade and Sky will offer you a free box etc anyway.

Actually, if you have been a paying customer for 10 years, I'd give them a ring and say if you cant get a replacement box, you're cancelling. You'd be surprised what they can offer when they hear the "c" word :wink:

Thanks for that responses. I did actually try the "I would like to cancel" thing, but was met with a "ok, from what date" response. Maybe I should follow the threat a little further to test the water and see if they come up with anything. I just have the bog basic sky box, but would like to get a sky+ box. Not keen on paying an extra for it though (ie monthly subscription) as the sports pack makes it expensive enough as it is.

If they don't come up with anything special then I may look to cancel the subscription and then subscribe once again with any introductory offers that they may have. I would find it strange if they don't try to offer an existing customer some kind of incentive to stay with them, but then they are one of those sizeable companies that can dictate the terms that they wish.

I did the same. What happens is if you say you want to cancel the firt operator will say okay then put you through to what they say is the cancelation department hoping you'll suddenly change your mind, I think thats whats happenend to you.

Onto the 2nd operator they will go through all the same jargon and then try to make you change your mind, they may even make you a better deal if you are persistant in cancelling.

Then they'll will put you onto the person that can authorise your cancellation but they'll try to get you to stay with them by offering you a good deal on an upgrade or even a new box.

Thats the way they operate and I've done this for myself and a couple of friends which seems to work.

At the end of the day if you've been a existing customer for 10 years why shouldn't you get a discounted Sky + or HD box when yours fails? They're quick enough to give new customers this service at little or no cost apart from the subscriptions that is!

Try them again, you'll be surprised.

Cheers