Re-gassing fridge/freezer

JaxandTim

*Sorry if this is in the wrong section*

I have a whirlpool fridge/freezer which is 16 months old. Unfortunately due to its height we had to lay it down during a recent house move...

It now needs re-gassing is there anyone on Shetland who can/will do this for me?

Many thanks for any help you can give :D

When a refrigerator is laid on its side the oil from the compressor can run into the gas piping.

Unless the appliance is kept upright overnight to give the oil a chance to return then its possible the pipework will become blocked.

If it was leaking gas you would have heard it coming out or found a broken pipe/oily mess after or during transit.

Does that make any sense to you?

It makes perfect sense :-)

It was lying down for 48 hours, we left it to stand for at least 36 hours until we plugged it in. I then noticed the freezer wasn't working properly, it seemed to be work its way up drawer by drawer, fridge was fine :? then last week the fridge decided to start doing the same.

I'm only presuming it needs re-gassing thanks to a bit of cyber serving. I'll go and have a look to see if I can see any blockages as we've only had waste water come out of it.

Wow, I hope this makes sense?

Thanks for your help/info gooby and posiedon