"Scotland's Census"

Kavi Ugl

Not once have I inferred that I am a solicitor or otherwise. That is an assumption and an accusation that others have made. Nothing in any of my previous statements suggests that in any way. ... I have been caught speeding several times, but due to the fact I know the law, I can also get away with it, without having to hire an expensive lawyer. I have also educated many people on how to avoid such fines, which only exist to meet government driven targets. ...

You said you worked in contract law. Even if you are not a Solicitor, no doubt anyone working within the legal profession knows how expensive law books are.

Re speeding fines - A relative of mine was killed by a driver doing 73mph in a 30mph zone and hence I find your remark highly insensitive.

If you are relying on Articles from the Human Rights Act - a right to privacy and family life, then why not just say so and quote it?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

73mph in a 30 zone is criminal – the crime there is reckless driving and murder/man slaughter. And whoever did that deserves to be punished.

I help people who get caught at 80mph in a 70mph zone, because these people are essentially innocent law-abiding citizens who are causing no harm to anyone. The stretch of road between Dundee and Aberdeen is a prime example of where the government uses an affluent area to meet monetary targets. I do not believe that targeting these types of drivers is serving the public’s best interests. A similar example is where I used to work, the road leading up to the Industrial Estate had a 30mph limit, but the majority of drivers would drive at 50mph all year round without incident, because it was completely safe to do so. However at the end of each month, the traffic police would appear because they knew it was an easy place to hit their targets, and thus criminalising innocent people. There is now a private company that operates in Scotland, issuing speeding fines because the market is so lucrative. I don’t know if you read the news yesterday, but 60% of parking tickets get thrown out upon appeal. I can safely say that I will never pay a parking fine because I know my rights. Too many people just accept things when it comes to the law, even when the authorities claiming to be enforcing the law are often acting fraudulently themselves.

I do not like the way the government is making fraudulent claims of a £1,000 fine which is used to bully unwitting people into giving up their human rights. It is now ingrained in society that you must comply with authority, when the reality is that the all government organisations/agencies are meant to make our lives better (not worse). I question the police on every action; after all, they are my public servants. They do not hold any authority over me, as a human being, and I am lucky enough to be in a total position of power when dealing with the police because I am a kind, peaceful human being that knows (in many cases) the law better than them.

But this has now gone off on a tangent and is in danger of having nothing to do with the census. If you wish to know more then send me a private message and I’d be happy to help.

But this has now gone off on a tangent and is in danger of having nothing to do with the census.

True, but the issues raised are nevertheless interesting and related. Might fit better in the Sovereign Shetland thread, where similar "Freeman" concepts are relevant.

This allows me, and anyone who knows me, to exploit a legal system ... I have been caught speeding several times, ... I can also get away with it, ...

I do not agree with your position, but I commend you on at least being honest about your motivations. From your own statements you openly admit that, having identified failings in the current regulatory systems, you prefer to exploit loopholes to avoid penalty, rather than acting to improve matters for society at large.

73mph in a 30 zone is criminal – the crime there is reckless driving and murder/man slaughter. And whoever did that deserves to be punished.

I help people who get caught at 80mph in a 70mph zone, because these people are essentially innocent law-abiding citizens who are causing no harm to anyone.

This begs the question, where is the cut-off between the two scenarios and what gives so-called "Freemen" the right to decide? These kinds of issues cropped up again and again at the Sovereign Shetland conference, and I have yet to hear a workable solution proposal which is not generally antisocial. It is simple enough to point out deficiencies in regulation, but the idea of individuals just cherry-picking the laws which they choose to respect does not seem a very progressive solution.

As for the census itself, I've yet to complete it, but have no problem with doing so. I just don't have a form. I have contacted them to have one sent. It struck me as being a bit odd that the online help information stated that people would receive their forms anytime up to the census date itself.

OMG, just what has been released here :?:

I Quote from Politically_Right - as written within his /her posts:

"It amuses me"

"I have Privacy and Freedom, which allows me to do as I please"

"I am lucky enough, to be in a total position of power when dealing with the police"

Formerly of Whalsay or could it be Forvik :?:

A lawyer claiming that to run someone down at 73mph in a 30 zone is murder. Very strange I always thought it was causing death by dangerous driving. It would only go up to manslaughter if you did something that you would reasonably know would cause injury. To go to murder you would have to have intent to kill. I.E driving at someone.

Why is someone innocent if they are doing 80 in a 70. but guilty if doing 73 in a 30 both actions could and do cause deaths.

On a sideline my great aunt was killed by a bike rider whilst she was collecting her milk from the milkman. The lad riding the bike was just as guilty as unlinks example but got away with it because it was a bike.

^^ They may use the information to provide services, but they don't need to. Between the Inland Revenue database and the DSS database the Govt. already has the most up to date and comprehensive record of the current "legal" population possible, and a great deal of information about every individual. Let them use what they've already taken, instead of making the population jump through hoops just to make their life easier.

You hit the nail right on the head. The national census, once a basic head count, has been turned into a national circus. Most of those questions belong on a benefit office form. Others are personal, intrusive, medical in confidence, or have nothing to to with national issues. Why should an Englishman be deemed a minority group not worthy of a place in their "Ethnic" list? Why should a 70-year old retired pensioner need to wade through pages of work related questions if "Retired, Invalid" renders them all meaninless. Why ask for a work address and previous address? Answer: So they can chase council tax if necessary.

Not impressed with the underhandedness of it all.

Sorely tempted - Question 32: "What is (was) your full and specific job title?" Answer: Soldier. Question 33 "Briefly describe what you do (did) in your main job" Answer: Kill people.