DFS

go.oot.by.dog

I went to DFS to look for a sofa recently and all though i did manage to find a nice one i am having doubts about it :( And here is why - A rather pushy salesman (to be expected i suppose) but when i asked where about is this sofa made? without hesitation he said "Italy" mmmmh i thought possible but unlikely! Then i asked about the 5 year guarantee as i lived in Shetland and he assured me this was not a problem as if there were any issues at all it would still get fixed! mmmmmh i thought possible but again unlikely! So i called 4 different DFS stores about the same sofa and asked where is it made? 2 said China and 2 said Italy! mmmmh more likely China i think, I then went on to their website and in the terms and conditions it states they only cover mainland UK for guarantee purposes!! Now i am really pi**ed off :x Has anyone had any dealings with DFS? good or bad i would be interested to know.

I had a suite up from DFS 3 years ago. i didn't question anything , it came in good time and the streamline boys were brilliant getting it in the house for me. It was in the sale n the saving was extensive over Lk prices. All in all a positive shopping experience

I purchased a suite from DFS not long ago. I just found that there was so much more choice plus they do interest free over the term of repayments. You can't beat that really. I've had no problems so far and thats a year in! Fingers crossed but its just the punt you take when you don't purchase local.

Just back from Aberdeen shopping .

We had been watching a suite on line at Reids .

When viewing in shop we asked usual questions .

We asked if there was a guarantee and were told only a year as it wasn't pure leather it was leather glued onto material .

We went to DFS and saw the suite we wanted . At a good price and guarateed for 5 year and that included us being in Shetland .

We decided to go ahead and bought it .

The downside was the sales man's patter trying to get us to take out extra insurance and a specalised cleaning pack . He was getting quite adamant we took this insurance out until I stood up and began to walk away !

He did apologise and said pressure was put on them to get customer to take this insurance .

He then threw in the cleaning pack free !

( he was going to charge £45.00 ) on checking the pack it consisted off 3 packs of leather care wipes and two polishing cloths which you can buy from Lakeland for a fraction of the price .