Pallet / Large Parcel Delivery

annakyn

I'm looking to get 100kgs of material in 5x20kgs sacks sent from Plymouth to Eshaness and have been quoted a whopping £150, which is more than its worth! I'm guessing it'll come on a pallet but not sure.

I have no choice but to buy from this company in Plymouth so was wondering if anyones had any experiences with parcel companies and got some half reasonable quotes? Even just getting it to aberdeen for cheap would be a start!

^^ Any chance each sack will weigh just slightly under 20kg? If there was any way of ensuring no sack weighed more than 19.999kg you'd get them sent Royal Mail Parcels for just over half of the above.

They charge £15.86 for a maximum weight of 20Kg, unfortunately 20Kg is the maximum they'll accept though, so if any sack goes 1g over, they'll not handle them.

www.shiply.com is a great website, you detail what you want and companies bid on the job. I got a 75Kg load moved from London to Aberdeen for a very good price.

Obv. you'd then have to pay to get it over to Shetland which can be the expensive bit.

5 x 20Kg sacks sounds like it would fit onto a 1/4 pallet load, speak to Shetland Transport, they can collect through out England as well. Make sure you ask for a part pallet load rather than per sack as this will work out much cheaper :-)