Deportation of Sakchai Makao (Mark II) - ** News Thread **

trout

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TV coverage and News articles are doing great. I have had 15 people now that i know. couple which i aint spoken to in a year contact me asking about Sakchai. They all wanted to know what was what and what i thought. once i told them and linked them to the story they have swung into action to get all their friends to be aware of this/help in anyway and pass it on.

They know we are only half way there...if that..its all good news today.

Yeehaa!! This is fantastic news!! :) Keep at it everyone!! To think that Sakchai was originally to be deported wihtin 5 days of being taken from his sleep!! This is huge and everyone involved, including every single person that has posted comments of support on Shetlink or signed a petition should feel really proud! Now we just have to keep at it as, as a few people have mentioned we have a long way to go yet and if anything, need to work harder from now until the hearing on 7th July.

If you're in Shetland and it is at all possible for you to go to Sumburgh to welcome Sakchai from his flight - GET DOWN THERE!! You might think 'Ach, dey'll be plenty o folk dere. I'll no budder goin'.......but if everyone who thinks this actaully attended think of the outcome and the impression this will have - pretty impressive I expect. :D

Morning everybody

Its evidently clear from yesterday that your role in getting Sakchai released, at least on bail, played a SIGNIFICANT part in that initial success.

As such we, and of course Sakchai, want to say a massive thank you to you all as soon as possible. Obviously that starts today.

As we say he is subject to strict bail orders so we have to be careful how this is done. However done it MUST be in all our opinions.

As I said we dont think an organised welcome home 'event' would be advisable for the time being, or under the circumstances, but it would be brilliant if this could be done informally. As such, here will be today's opportunities to welcome him back to Shetland and home.

On arrival at Sumburgh Airport at 4.30 this afternoon

After the press conference at the Sumburgh Hotel (as he leaves) around 6.30 - 7pm.

At the Clickimin Centre running track at around 7.30 tonight.

It would be brilliant if all of you who have worked so hard (and that includes the press of course) could be there at all, or any, of these 'meet and greet' opportunities.

Pass the word around and lets make this INITIAL homecoming one for him, and us all, to remember and hope that the next one (on or around the 7th July) is the permanent one for him. Then we can do things a bit more 'officially'.

I would also like some feeback from you all as regards a 'good luck' send off / get-together before he goes south again for his hearing.

Once again a million thanks to you all for all the messages, e-mails, phone calls and texts (both yesterday and throughout) We have all been overwhelmed with your kindness and support to date, especially Satch of course. But he will tell you that himself today / tonight if you can be around whe he comes home

Cheers for now

Davie and the Sakchai from Shetland Team

now back to the matter in hand! if you cant get to sumburgh why not all meet him comming into lerwick lines off people comming down the sound brae would be a wonderfull sight

Good thinking on all these point Sam. This is the kind of informal response that will mean the most to him and those 'watching', who will ultimately have a role to play in the decision whether he remains in this country or not.

Cheers for this.

Glad to see everyone is turning out to greet Sakchai on his return to Shetland. :D

Was delighted last night to meet a car in Edinburgh covered in balloons & posters of Sakchai!

Just goes to show that his supporters are not just contained to the Shetland community but are widespread across the country.

The Edinburgh support are meeting at 8pm tonight in The Standing Order (off George Street) to cheer his return and also plan out our next actions in the fight to keep him in Shetland permanently. Anyone in the Edinburgh area is welcome to attend.

We cannot lose sight of the fact that this is only the first hurdle and we must ensure everyone keeps fighting for his trial on the 7th.

Looking forward to t-shirts becoming available to buy online.