Deportation of Sakchai Makao (Mark II) - ** News Thread **

trout

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a response from Alex Salmond yesterday saying that he had signed the EDM on friday, however his name is still not on the list.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be?

Yes, Rivet

They don't yet have the facility to sign up electronically as far as I know. So it depends where he was when he signed the hard copy piece of paper (they may well have a special form !) and how it was transmitted to the office at the House that checks them and registers them. They do turn them round quickly when they get them.

I'll take him off our 'hit list' now, though!

I have had a few emails regarding fund raising events for Sakchai:

1 Wednesday 28th June

Brae High School Pupils and Staff, past and present, present a concert for Sakchai, himself a former pupil, on Wed 28 June at 1900, doors open 1830, at Brae Hall.

First half will be a sit-down concert with musical items, poetry and

sketches, soup and sandwiches will be available at the interval and the

second half will be an end of term dance with the school bands.

Entry is by donation and there will be a raffle. All welcome

2. Saturday 1st July

At Clickimin Athletic Track 2pm till 4pm. 50p "Race" To Sakchai. Bring along 50p (or 2) Lets see how far we can get around that track!! All Ages Welcome.

3. Wednesday 5th July

An Acoustic Charity Gig being held in Edinburgh

Wednesday 5th July@ Medina's from 8pm - 12am £4 on the

door, Bands playing are all very well established

Edinburgh acts - Shrinking Violet, 10:04s, Little

Pebble.

I will keep you posted if I hear of anymore. Good Luck to you all. Your doing a great job for Sakchai!!!

when does this petitions have to be handed in? who are we seding it to- i persume it has to go with stach when he is up on the 7th?

The petitions will run on until we collectively think the time is right to present them to No 10 Downing St. This is not considered the time as yet. However they are now being returned to be copied for presentation to the hearing on the 7th - as an intermit tool - along with a great deal of other supporting information requested by Sakcahi's lawyer.

no point doing all this if we are not acutaly going to give the names to someone

Dont think we need this pointed out to be honest Sam. Your persistent cynasism is sometimes hard for the rest of us to swallow, but rest assured we will.

i think we need to state a closing date then people who still want to sign then know they have to do it now! and not leave it untill its too late?

Until this is over it will never be too late. Its having the desired effect as is and will continue to do so we believe.

davie do you know that answers?

You know me Sam!!!

How much money has been colected so far?

Ongong as we speak. Over £3000 for sure.

How much do we need?

You tell me. The costs will mount daily and no one knows how long this process will take

remind me what we are actualy collecting for, is in what does satch need?

Back to this one again. Do I detect more of your personal concerns, for whatever reason in this area Sam. A number of very reputable people from Shetland have signed up to oversee this fund Sam so please trust us will you. You will be glad to hear that neither I, any other campaign team members or Sakchai's family will have any direct access to it - so rest easy. All money will be officially receipted and accounted for and only used for the following:

Additonal legal expenses over and above that previously committed by SRT.

Family expenses relating only to supporting the legal process e.g. travel expenses.

Any campaign costs agreed by the fund overseers not donated in kind. None to date have been required.

im sure people can post their own information - then they get the credit for doing it

I'm sure they will too. Rest assured again none of us are in this for the 'brownie points' Sam although I am sure you believe otherwise. We have consistently given credit and recognised others efforts throughout this campaign. This will NOT change. Anyone organising an event will be duly recognised so again I suggest you leave your well documented personal difficulties with certain campaign members to one side for the time being and for the general benefit of all concerned.

Grind your axe with us elsewhere when this campaign is over.

I just got a .pdf document from Tobias Saltonstall on behalf of Jack McConnell.

Got one too and thanks for also sending this on. I wrote back on the general heading that human rights and the violation thereof on Scottish soil should be his concern though and he might want to consider the damaged the publicity surrounding this campaign and the First Ministers current 'invisable stance' on the issue were having on their One Scotland initiative, especially from an external perspective, and more especially among those who may be considering heading his call.

Not holding my breath for a more responsive or pro-active reply though.

One positive indication in his letter was the fact they do hold talks with the Home Office on immigration issues, so we can always hope that what goes on behind closed doors is more productive than that politically visable to the rest of us.

Still no breath being held

I have had a few emails regarding fund raising events for Sakchai:

1 Wednesday 28th June

Brae High School Pupils and Staff, past and present, present a concert for Sakchai, himself a former pupil, on Wed 28 June at 1900, doors open 1830, at Brae Hall.

First half will be a sit-down concert with musical items, poetry and

sketches, soup and sandwiches will be available at the interval and the

second half will be an end of term dance with the school bands.

Entry is by donation and there will be a raffle. All welcome

2. Saturday 1st July

At Clickimin Athletic Track 2pm till 4pm. 50p "Race" To Sakchai. Bring along 50p (or 2) Lets see how far we can get around that track!! All Ages Welcome.

3. Wednesday 5th July

An Acoustic Charity Gig being held in Edinburgh

Wednesday 5th July@ Medina's from 8pm - 12am £4 on the

door, Bands playing are all very well established

Edinburgh acts - Shrinking Violet, 10:04s, Little

Pebble.

I will keep you posted if I hear of anymore. Good Luck to you all. Your doing a great job for Sakchai!!!

Brilliant Caroline. Would it be worth opening a special thread on this same site especially for fund-raising issues?

does Satchi go to any of this events?

Yes as a matter of fact. Will you Sam? (if shift patterns allow of course)

Sorry folks my turn to be a bit offhand but sometimes this kind of 'help' just wears you down (and uses up valuable page space) - especially late at night.