Air Travel Paranoia

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which argument have Ghostrider and I had Moorit? We have not had an argument or a discussion. We have each made numerous statements and neither one of us have convinced the other that any of those statements were right.

I could carry on all night making new statements but what would be the point? Ghostrider and I are simply poles apart. If you want to start a discussion with me -- have at it.

Which argument have Ghostrider and I had Moorit? We have not had an argument or a discussion. We have each made numerous statements and neither one of us have convinced the other that any of those statements were right.

I could carry on all night making new statements but what would be the point? Ghostrider and I are simply poles apart. If you want to start a discussion with me -- have at it.

Maybe you were just having a form of expression consisting of a coherent set of reasons presenting or supporting a point of view; or a series of reasons given for or against a matter under discussion that is intended to convince or persuade the listener or reader. :?

On the flip side, who do the current crop of Muslim/Asian terrorists represent? Who's mandate do they have to operate as they do? Who is their leader, are they even all of one entity? What declaration of war did they make, and when? Seems best as I recall the best we've had from them are a few ambigious statements, mostly after the fact, made by some character who is "probably" hiding in some foxhole somewhere in the near east, but who may or may not actually be alive any longer. The foot soldiers going round causing the trouble have only tentative connections to this supposed "leader", if any. No nation or geographic population openly admits to supporting them. We have been told repeatedly, including on this thread, that they do not represent/have the support of Muslims or Asians in general. So who's left to support them and/or empower them?

At one time I would have agreed with this. However, could it not be argued that the blind ignorance shown by Bush in several parts of the world has led to disparate groups with no common cause becoming more united than they have ever been. Whether this constitutes a 'Muslim Army' is up for debate, and makes my own skin crawl for bringing religion into it, as this is what Bush (and Blair) seem intent on doing. If the US/UK foreign policy continues as it is, there will only be a consolidation of this hatred towards the west.

On topic, carrying an instrument as hand luggage after the terror attacks on planes was easy peasy in Heathrow, impossible in Shetland and Glasgow. I give up.