Camera Obscura

Alan

I have had the offer to bring Glasgow indie band, Camera Obscura to Shetland on 14th October.

I think their latest album "Let's Get Out Of This Country" is one of the best albums of the year so far. The single "Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken" has also been receiving a fair amount of play on BBC Radio Scotland.

Has anyone else heard of them? Would they pull much of a crowd up here?

You can check them out at www.camera-obscura.net

It would be great to get some feedback.

They are very, very good and have had loads of airplay on Radio Scotland. I'm sure it would pull a crowd on a Saturday night, or Friday if you shut Posers. Only reservation is that all the student will be away so that would probably have quite an affect on punter numbers. It would be a shame to turn them down, but also if you took them up and no-one showed up. Best wishes with it though.

If I was at home, I would definately be going. There have been a couple of other songs doing the rounds on Radio Scotland which sound rather nice. But I fear, without the students being about, you could end up with a crowd in similar size to The Delgados which would be a shame (although kind of nice if you are in attendance).

Oh, and for a split second, I was about to post "Good Morning Britain" before realising that was the OTHER band with Camera in their name :oops:

• 2 weeks later...