Air Discount Scheme

Mario

Roxy71 wrote

However on a through ticket you can still get the discount on the Shetland to Aberdeen, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh etc.. and if you cant you're doing something wrong.

It can be done I know as I used to work in a travel agents.

Well I stand corrected.......or sit corrected if you prefer. Just got a quote from the British Airways computer for a flight to London and back which included the discount and was about £12 cheaper than Atlantic Airways but went to a more convenient airport. Somehow I am starting to think that the ferry has seen the last of me as a passenger........maybe that is not right as I have never sailed on the Hjaltland or the Hrossey.......just the St.Sunniva and the last St. Clair.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are able to book in advance you can get a good deal on long distance flights travelling BA only from Sumburgh to yr destination.

i.e. from £235 return to Tenerife, providing you can avoid the more expensive days e.g Fridays. Because it is with the same airline, if one of your legs is cancelled, delayed then BA will simply put you on the next available and put you up as well, if need be - meaning this is value for money. Flights are generally cheaper than ferry ( if you take a cabin for the 12 hour overnight trip) unless by circumstance you have to make a hurried last minute booking. One of the problems booking with Atlantic say, as that if you are late getting into Stansted and miss a connection, it is tough luck unless you insure against it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest willz320

^^ I was just about to ask the same thing! I've been noticing loads of application letters arriving for the neighbours but none for me!

Aberdeen for £30 yes please!

The cards all expired at the end of March because thats how long the scheme was set to last...it has now been extended for a further 3 years.

For those that haven't used it, you do indeed get a discount, however don't always expect it to be a cheap flight!

try and pick a time well in advance and not at a busy time, ive managed to get quite a few flights at the quoted offer price, like £42 return but on other occasions its been well over £200