World of Warcraft

guybrush

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are called Widgets and Wizards, been on the go from the day the game went comercial just about, and one fo the longest running guilds on our server.

I would say it is more curiosity that makes me interested in the expansion more than anything else.. ofcourse Blizzard wil make it sound all great and wonderfull.. but it does sound like they have improved things.. the cutting out of Mods is one thing that could make or kill the game for many tho. but the changes to the PVP side of things sounds a lot better, and doesnt sound quite like such a waste fo time.. even so i absolutly suck at pvp. It's a step closer to covering all levels of onlien gaming in differtn ways.. all they need to do is create a ceative crafting system and all tastes of online gaming could be covered.. unless you liek sci fi I guess :D

but it is all a case of grinding at the end fo the day.. and clicking 3 buttons on your keyboard :P

I've been pvping quite a bit of late. Friday, Saturday and Sunday we had an Arathi Basin premade running which was good fun, we lost 3 games in total I think, 2 of them to the same pre-made from the Drak'thul server who were damn impressive. We came up against an pre-made...I forget from what server, but they had 3 rank 14's in their group so we assumed we were in for a tough fight. We beat them easily, by the end of the match they were just standing at their base waiting for us to win 5-0.

We also, in a moment of madness, decided to raid Stormwind on Saturday out of boredom. It was good fun if nothing else racked up 300 kills and only died once...which was nice.

hehe I had a laugh last night.. killing the lords in sithilus.. and 10 or more horde decided to try and ruin our attmept.. so half of our raid split off killed the horde while the rest of continued killing the lord.. made it more entertaining anyway.. im stood there tanking the summoned lord with a couple fo healers stil on me while the rest are running about caseign after the horde, best bit was they thought they would try and try again.. but failed.. by the time we came back for the respawns an hour later there was 40 to our then 20 raiders.. so we left them to it :twisted:

From what tomblands said.. that is what i dont like about the current pvp system. all you need to do is spend time inside battlegrounds and eventually you will become rank 14.. takes no skill so to speak other than a lot of time spent and as soon as you stop doign pvp you drop about 5 ranks.. and all you ahve to show for it is some purple items to prance about IF or Orgrimmar in. at least with what i read the new pvp system looks more balanced and skill based. and since in theory you wont be able to use mods.. the palying feild will be more balanced and i might actually be able to kill casters :P

• 1 month later...

No wonder it sucks your a pally :P

tbh I am swithering as if i will continue or not. time will tell..

One of my guild mate compliled this before the sites crashed..

http://rapidshare.com/files/6329148/WoW_2.xxx_addons.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/6587613/Xperl___Itemrack.rar

contains most of the important addons

and since your a pally this may help you..

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=54980555&sid=1

it the new way to decurse

In responce to the patch .... Im in two minds.. everyoen has goen pvp mad which was fun for the first hours but since im more of a pve player.. i got bored very quick.. and need my fix of a good raid.

Im glad they ahve now nerfed the honor system. and seeing people in greens gettign purples so fast was a bit soul dystroying..

Report fo the expansion are mixed.. some say it's to easy.. but thats the sort fo thing Blizzard can change easily.

as i say im still not sure what im doing.. but know me i wil stil buy the expantion and play it till warhammer online comes out autum 2007.

either that or buy a Wii and start doing a bit of excerise with the sports package :P

Thanks for the threads! They r very useful. What is the difference between warhammer online and Wow? Ive had a look at some screen shots.... just looks the exact same.... And Guild Wars aswell, have u tried that?

The only other online RPG ive tried is City of Heroes and City of Villains, it was very disapointing!! Only 2 servers on it, not alot of players in it.

TBH im not sure waht the differnance will be.. in appearence warhammer is a bit more grimey evil.. where as warcraft is quite clean and tidy.. if that makes sence..

In game play i expect it to be pretty simliar. get your character and skill it up take it to raids etc etc.. but Im willing to try it out to see how it's all implimented. for me it is more a social aspect that keeps em palying warcraft.. is i wasnt part fo the guild i am.. i expect i would of given up on it a long time ago.. but ive coem across soem right charaters that amuse me and entertain me alot.. along with some complete pilticks.. but then you ahve the luxary fo the ignore button :P

as for other games.. i cant really comment as Warcraft is the first online RPG ive ever played.. but I ahve heard of Guild wars and most has been bad reports.. Dungeons and dragons is dire from what i hear.. and the other oens youve mentioned i cant say ive heard of.

Before Warcraft I played Project entropia.. an awesome idea of a game.. but unfortuneatly badly implimented in my opinion..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4374610.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4104731.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4421496.stm

these are some stories in relation to the game.. will probably make you go holy turd or somink similar.. :P

I played this for about 3 - 4 years.. but havent palyed for over 2 years now.. so my opinions wil be out of date... but that said.. I did love the idea behind this.. but in reality to paly the game at any pace you needed turd loads of money.. and in the time i played i estamte i spent $900.. me and Fjool often reffered to it like a 1p slot machine ( liek those machine you drop a coin into and hope it pushes of the huge pile overhanging the edge ) When i stopped playing my character was one of the best swordsman ingame and a not to shabby healer.. and if i sold my equipment i could eaily make if nto all a bulk of that $900 back.. but for some reason it is stil all sat on my toon.. in cyber space.

and i guess if money wasnt really an issue i could stil be palying this game in the faint hope I get soem huge payout back.. the game has advanced alot since i stoped.. when I stoped it was jstu after the treasure island had been sold.. and now there are houses to buy.. hairdress and all sort of insane things.. to spend your money on.. that all said.. it is totally possable to play this game without spending a penny.. and when i played there was one guy called seeker that did just that.. he had got the reputaion of being a good saleman and from that he made his money to buy ammo etc etc.. but the rate his skills went up was incredable slow..

I know fjool logged on not so long ago.. and it was stil much the same.. really bad user interface and buggy etc etc.. which is also another reason why i dotn play it anymore.. the fact that it is real money.. pisses you off when you miss a shot due to lag or a bug.. specially when you dont get anything back..

anyway i'll stop there i could talk.type for ages on this