Lost - This thread may contain spoilers!!

trout

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit thick when it comes to downloading stuff. Can anybody tell me what site you go to or how you download episodes of lost from the Internet after they've been shown on American TV. I tried to do it last year but it didn't work and I ended up buying a dodgy DVD off some guy on ebay!

You need to download a bittorrent client. Azureus is by far the best in my opinion though is a fiddly thing to set up. Have a look at BitLord - it's an install and run programme that is fairly intuitive.

Then you need to find a torrent to d/l. Check out some of the torrent listing sites such as torrentspy and torrent-finder and click to download a torrent. You want to find the ones with the most seeds. A seed being a person that has the whole file on their computer and has it available to download for everyone connected via the torrent tracker.

When you get the thing downloaded you should then become a seed and allow people to d/l the file from you (this will happen automatically - you just need to keep your bittorrent programme opn). You don't have to do this ... but if you don't you are a "leech" and many torrent trackers can and will potentially ban you!

Most, if not all the files you download will be in the DivX format - infact if you see anything that is not in DivX format you're best to steer well clear of it! (It might also be shown on the torrents as XviD). DivX is a superior video format for file transfer - it's small filesize for image and sound quality is second to none! Anyway ... you're also going to have to install the DivX player from www.divx.com to play the files you download.

Thats you.

I think it spoils it when you download it, it's quite nice having that tuesday night reserved for LOST and everyone moves together at the same pace.

In other words-

I hate knowing what's going to happen in an episode and some people who download it and watch it before spoil it so often!

yeah its also good being able to download a few and watch them all at once, the cliffhanger from one episode is never even touched on for at least a week so that way you actually make progress through the story.

and if you don't like spoilers you shouldn't be in this thread :!:

I downloaded season 3, episode 00 today from this site www.xsharex.info Its only a recap episode though telling the story from the start, so nothing new. Hopefully that'll not be the episode that airs in the US on wednesday, if it is we'll have to wait another week for episode 1

I downloaded season 3, episode 00 today from this site www.xsharex.info Its only a recap episode though telling the story from the start, so nothing new. Hopefully that'll not be the episode that airs in the US on wednesday, if it is we'll have to wait another week for episode 1

No, its not the episode that airs tomorrow in the US. The episode that airs tomorrow is called "A tale of two cities" and it is the first episode in season 3.

I use this website http://epguides.com/menu/current.shtml to work out what i need to download, and when it should be available :)