Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

I understand everything that is being said here. Unst did have players missing but not to the extent that Yell did.

Spencey7, I know Yell had 8 players who would have found it impossible to make the game, but we can't keep going on about that.

It's the young players who could have made a difference, but they went to Whalsay instead. It is that that I am mad about! :x

For the last time "Northern Rovers" will NOT work in the next few years, it's just common sence! Not until the "Golden Oldies" of the 2 squads retire will Rovers happen. The Oldies would never like the Rovers set up because they have been brought up to hate Unst and vice-verca.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been an avid reader of the last 600 or so posts in this forum, i believe the level of contradiction on your part needs highlighting. Your incessant argument which runs throughout is that of the amalgamation of Unst and Yell. You continually state that:

It's my opinion. It would benefit the Northern Isles greatly in the long run, especially youngsters.

:arrow: Everyone in Yell is pro-conglomeration

Never said that. Again, it's my opinion.

:arrow: Logistical and organisational problems would not apply

Don't see how that's supposed to have changed.

:arrow: It would be a mutually beneficial relationship

Can't see how it wouldn't be.

Turns out Yell had:

:arrow: The highest relative number of injured/completely unavailable players in the history of amateur football in scotland.

Definately in Shetland. I doubt Celtic would come close. As for your list of players Baxter - I doubt many have them would have been first XI. In fact I know they wouldn't have been.

:arrow: Players who gladly missed a 2 hour game at the weekend for work?!

Shift work. It happens - To Unst as well, although they can specify kick off times to suit.

:arrow: A majority of players who don't seem to care anymore

Who are these "majority"? Apparently two youngsters who should have made it on Saturday didn't. Who else "doesn't care"?

Get your facts straight before posting utter rubbish.

Guest Amazed

I've been following this forum for a while now and Ive got to say I'm absolutely astonished at some of what is being said. Obviously Yell will struggle in the top league this summer and that is hardly news. But there seems to be a strong DESIRE among some people here for the club to fold. Anyone who is thinking this should take a long hard look at themselves. Surely if Yell are struggling for numbers they should be being encouraged and not constantly slagged off.

I can honestly say that i do not want yell to fold. FACT. 8)

I want yell to succeed however the unst game was appauling. Yet Yell seemed to have done a descent job against whitedale who are without doubt the 3d force in shetland, credit to them and i hope unst can get a respectable score in strom on saturday. :)

Yell undoubtadly will improve with the addition of some of their other players spencey and i think everyone knows that. However any chance of northern rovers would be ill advised as the yell squad is obviously not functioning as a unit. The players who turned up last saturday tried their best but their was a genuine gulf in class.

Spencey a good few of the players listed, if available, fully fit and on top form would be in serios contention for a starting place for unst, such as Ian Johnson, Jamie Macaulay, Bobby Macaulay, lenny Spence, Ben Johnson and Kevin Priest. You can't doubt that.

Just making my stance clear.

look baxter. Im new to this but from a quick skim through this topic i can already see that your contributions are not benificial in anyway to any shetlink members. Must you really keep up these pointless arguments with the likes of "spencey 7". DO YOU NOT HAVE A LIFE!!!! some users want to use these forums for serious discussion. how about gibving it a rest!! I think there are many who would agree that the days of baxters arguments being funny are long gone

qwertyell calm down, i do have a life, Pastimes such as tiddlywinks and the occasional game of scrabble. Apart from that i dedicate myself to shetlink.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

sorry pal

Its good to have a laugh

lets see some serious discussion then. Is an internet forum really the place for seriousness.

look baxter i dont want to fall out with you as im new and you clearly a well established member of this forum.

I do see that there is a place for some fun in the discussion but is it really necessary for it to go on and on and on.

how about we discuss the exciting games comming up this weekend. I think that yell do stand a fair chance aginst Ness if a few more of their big name players were back. They could make a strong side - capable of beating a few of the teams in the league. As it stands though i would be happy with anything as long as it was a bit of an improvement on the last game. Daryn and callum could show some interest at least. Their presence could well have made the difference.

quertyell, most of baxters comments can ramble on but there is sence there.

it also takes more than 1 person to argue.

stuff is being disscused just like know, when we are saying that your comments are pointless and say nothing. So unless you are here to speak about something go away and leave it to the real shetlinkers.

Thats because we are schoolkids trout,

I still happen to be in my teenage years, along with other users i'm sure,

Most arguments are i'll considered, unjustified, mis-spelled, incessant, and down-right petty...

But its still debate, and judging from the number of replies and views associated with this thread, i'd say we are doing something right.

Let the people bicker, don't become a mao'ist moderator!