Solutrea LTD to Purchase Zetnet LTD

Fifi

• 1 month later...
But where do http://www.shetlandbroadband.co.uk/ fit into the debate. Are they part of Zetnet or someone else using the old Zetnet equipment?.

Shetland Broadband are a seperate company. It started off as Shetland Internet - part of Zetnet which was given to Ian Brown in 2005 in lieu of his redundancy package when Zetnet closed down Lerwick. They no longer use Zetnets backbone and apart from the standard dial-up and ADSL also operate throughout Lerwick on Wireless - they may even be out to Scalloway and Gulberwick.

Ian Brown & Lubin Poulton (ex-Zetnet) are the main guys there.

Ghufar

Wonder how many other former Zetnet employee's there are lurking here :). *raises hand*. That's two and the former owner I've spotted so far. Mr Mutopian is lurking here somewhere too...

I still remember those heady days hidden away in a dark back room, discussing the merits of netscape 3 over ie 2, eudora over pegasus, etc and doing tech support for windows 3.11 and windows 95 :).

Amusingly enough, I also remember the MD of my current employer coming up to do work experience with Tim Cole as a fresh faced 16yr old kiddie with an aptitude for Perl. I remember him looking in at this roomful of weirdly-dressed hairy-faced blokes, and looking positively terrified. Mind you, whenever he sees me to this day, he looks positively terrified...