1. 1. Wheelie bins - will you use

• Yes
    • No
    • Not practical

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am normally at work when they come here. That I suppose is causing trouble, eh? posiedon, thanks for your insult, I suppose you would have no idea really. Alas I will bang my drum and you yours, glad to see you get into the name calling first, your seconder as well, ah well never mind. Watch out for the flag of Margaritaville.

:wink:

They are noisy, I will tempt a comment now and say that MT vessels do make allot if noise, did I read right yours were the large 1(.2) cubed Metre steel bins? Alas they do make a noise.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/gja0067l.jpg

There are laws about blocking the pavement, they can vary from council to council. The rule of thumb here is 1 metre, another is if the pavement is 60% blocked for a set period of time. Encroachment onto the highway is a Police matter, well here any way though. Flats here have communal bins and are given caddies for food waste. We have had two week collections for some time now, they do save on money, I know folk are interested in costs nowadays. We have 3 sizes as well.

The goal is to encourage more recycling, it is to save on land fill costs which have recently increased.

Any how, not the boss. I look forward to any comments about that. Sensitive? Are we talking hours or just a few minutes of noise, and it cannot be that bad, your neighbour has not mentioned it.