Woodend Hospital - Any helpful info?

Frances144

The following taken from Grampian website, don't know if Woodend has this installed.

Mind and tell your folks that it costs the same as a mobile to phone you, so can be very expensive.

But worth it so you can stay in touch I suppose. Like one of the other suggestions, I would take my mobile and just keep it on silent. That's what I did when in hospital last time in Lerwick.

Patientline® is now available as an option to patients on some of our wards. This system lets you make and receive phone calls from your bedside. Family and friends can call you directly at your bedside, using your personal Patientline® number. If you have to move to a different ward during your stay, your Patientline® account moves with you. Outgoing telephone calls are charged at 26p per minute. Incoming calls are charged to the caller at 39p per minute off peak times and 49p per minute at peak times. The answer phone and messaging services are free.

The Patientline® system also gives you access to 33 TV channels, 5 radio channels, internet and e-mail facilities and 8 games. The radio channels are available for free. All the other services (excluding phone calls) cost £2.90 for 24 hours, £7.00 for a 3 day package (saving you £1.70) or £10.00 for a five day package (saving you £4.50).

As well as offering the radio channels for free, Patientline® offer a number of other free services including 1 hour of free TV each day at breakfast-time and free TV for children up to and including 16 years of age (until 9pm).

Vending machines have been installed in public areas throughout the hospitals so that you or your relatives can purchase cards which will enable you to use the services available. Credits for using the system can also be purchased using your credit or debit card at your bedside unit.

You will receive information on using Patientline® when you enter hospital. Information leaflets are also available in public areas of the hospitals.

I was told Patientline was the biggest con and money making scheme in the world and to avoid like the plague. The joke is that no mobile phone on earth affects any medical equipment - so Patientline was invented to screw more cash out of poor helpless patients who are desparate not to clog up the ward phone lines with phone calls from their mother!

I think I will be hovering in the loo phoning my OH very very quietly. Apparently if I want to use my phone, I have to leave the hospital premises - so I am the one hobbling about with a drip/catheter and a mobile phone in Aberdeen in a bright red dressing-gown - keep an eye out for me!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.nhsgrampian.org/nhsgrampian/gra_display_simple_index.jsp?pContentID=430&p_applic=CCC&p_service=Content.show&

don't know about your ward but quote

Hospedia is now available as an option to patients on some of our wards. This system lets you make and receive phone calls from your bedside. Family and friends can call you directly at your bedside, using your personal Hospedia number. If you have to move to a different ward during your stay, your Hospedia account moves with you.

The Hospedia system also gives you access to more than 25 TV channels, a selection of radio channels, internet and e-mail facilities and a selection of games.

Hospedia offer the following bundles:

2 hr bundle = £2.50

12 hr bundle = £5.00

2 day bundle = £10.00

5 day bundle = £20.00

10 day bundle = £30.00

20 day bundle = £40.00

30 day bundle = £45.00

All of our bundles provide access to more than 25 TV channels, more than 15 movies on demand, a selection of radio channels, internet and e-mail facilities, a selection of games and Outgoing calls to UK landlines.

Ward 10?

Is that orthopaedic?

If so, I was in Ward 9 in December.

There are tellies but they are in various rooms and ward rooms. If you are put in a room on your own, they sometimes give you a tv if there is one not in use. But they tend to have them in the multi-bed rooms and folk switch them on at 10am and off at midnight on full blast! You are switched and change rooms on a daily basis. No night was ever in the same place!

Telephones - well the staff on Ward 9 were very strict. You cannot use mobile phones on the ward anywhere except for in the day room or in the corridors next to the fire escapes.

If you are immobile, tough, you can't use your phone and they come down on you like a ton of bricks and write all over your notes as to how dreadful you are as a person who dared to flaunt the rules, even to text or use the internet function on your mobile!

I think I saw a pay-phone!

There is no hospedia in Woodend.

If you want any other information, let me know.