Run rabbit run

Seaflech

Seventy years ago today, the first German bomb of World War Two fell on Shetland soil, near Sullom Voe.

The attack apparently killed no more than a rabbit, with a photo taken of a jovial man next to a bomb crater holding up the deceased bunny, although it has been alleged that it was in fact dispatched by a local butcher and the photo served for a handy propagandist opportunity to show how inept the Bosch were.

I have heard that this was the inspiration for a song about a rabbit - not the Chas and Dave one, but 'Run, rabbit, run'. Anybody else heard similar?

Anyway, it's another interesting historic part that Shetland played in WW2.

Seventy years ago today, the first German bomb of World War Two fell on Shetland soil, near Sullom Voe.

The attack apparently killed no more than a rabbit, with a photo taken of a jovial man next to a bomb crater holding up the deceased bunny, although it has been alleged that it was in fact dispatched by a local butcher and the photo served for a handy propagandist opportunity to show how inept the Bosch were.

I have heard that this was the inspiration for a song about a rabbit - not the Chas and Dave one, but 'Run, rabbit, run'. Anybody else heard similar?

Anyway, it's another interesting historic part that Shetland played in WW2.

i would say that was pretty good bombing. to hit a little bunny from 10,000 feet . what steely determination not to take the easy option and hit a flying boat. the bunny looked pretty in tacked from being killed by a bomb i thought it may be a bit more tenderized.