Agricultural forum

? - Might this be a good topic for a User Group? Everytime I look, it just says

"Information: No Groups Exist"

(Query to mods/admin: do no groups exist because nobody knows how to start/run one? Is there a Howto?)

Or maybe just a new thread in, e.g., "Science and Technology"?

I'd likly be interested..., sure plenty o idders wid too, just hae tae look at the things for sale in da classifieds section tae see there's plenty o Crofters on here!

If no a forum, a section in classifieds dedicated tae Crofters wid be good!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well we can always keep posting here - are folk planning to grow anything different this year?

We thought we'd try asparagus and made beds last spring, I know its probably daft but we grow lots of things that we never thought possible - so I'll try growing anything within reason once.

Breed Light Suss mostly and a few Bards and have crossed Hubbards with Light Suss to get a nice table bird that really doesnt lay well.

Broke my heart sorting Gobbles out he was such a character, but it won't stop me getting more.

Anyone interested in an egg swap in a couple of months time?

try these people i thought they were quite reasonable. and they even post up here. well after i told them they were missing shetland.

https://www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk/plants-soft-fruit-seeds-c-83.html?osCsid=6eedef05addf7146a3842cec41e6cd92

a company called more veg sells smaller packs of seeds in quite a lot of verities. there are a couple of other companies that do the same. most are 50p

we mainly have red hens but with a few cochins, brahmas, legbars and dorkings and a scattering of bantams. oh yes and a bad tempered shetland cockeral.