Xbox 360/PS3

ISOT

its all down to personal choice TBH more people have xbox 360 than ps3 because of the price of ps3's but that does not always mean that xbox is the best

i prefer the PS3 because of the free online, blu-ray player, backwards compatible (only on original 60Gb launch models), the exclusive games are mostly amazing like uncharted 1 and 2, little big planet and the godly GT5 coming soon

the xbox has better online because you have to pay for it and a slightly better GPU

but both have good games and i know for sure the ps3 is stepping up to be more successful that the ps3 when GT5 is released.

go here to read a very informative post about the differences between the two computers (may be a couple of years old though)

http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?spage=1

Whats the big differences and which is better?

Cheers

Comparing the 360 and the PS3 is like chalk and cheese these days. I own both and there is so much on both that you may as well buy both 2nd hand for the price of either brand new.

Generally speaking, 360 is best for third party games, online support (although it ain't free), exclusive features like Facebook/twitter/last.fm/Sky Player and the mass online games like 1 vs 100, has by far the best original downloadable content and usually gets a lot of third party exclusive content too. It also has the best controller that I've ever used and has a huge, huge catalogue of games now with some real stand outs.

The PS3 is best for it's first party exclusive titles like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank and that sort of thing. The PS3 usually gets the more "bizarre" titles that would never hit XBOX because there's no audience for it such as 3D Dot game heroes or Demon's Souls. It has free online play (which is pretty feature lacking! And apparently Sony are announcing a premium service in June). Saying that, the Playstation Store is improving by leaps and bounds.

Thing to really think about is, what kind of games you're into. Usually though, if you're just wanting to play the odd first person shooter, you're probably best off with the 360.

Oh and Zibiddy, the PS3 has a far more capable graphics architecture! :) When used propperly that is.

Oh and Zibiddy, the PS3 has a far more capable graphics architecture! :) When used properly that is.

yeah maybe but the 360's graphics are well used in all games. until gran turismo 5 is released then we are nowhere near pushing the ps3 to its capability's

i use a website called playfire (its a forum site) for finding stuff out about new games and consoles go here for a look http://www.playfire.com/a/forum/general-discussion/thread/76031 its a link to topic posted recently about the diffrence between both consoles

Oh and Zibiddy, the PS3 has a far more capable graphics architecture! :) When used properly that is.

yeah maybe but the 360's graphics are well used in all games. until gran turismo 5 is released then we are nowhere near pushing the ps3 to its capability's

This usually comes down to the fact that most 3rd party games are coded on 360 and then ported over to PS3. But first party PS3 games God of War 3 or Uncharted 2 make the PS3 do things the 360 could only imagine.

Then again, Alan Wake just came out on XBOX and it has by far the best lighting I've ever seen! :)

This usually comes down to the fact that most 3rd party games are coded on 360 and then ported over to PS3. But first party PS3 games God of War 3 or Uncharted 2 make the PS3 do things the 360 could only imagine.

Then again, Alan Wake just came out on XBOX and it has by far the best lighting I've ever seen! :)

yeah the cell processor thats in a ps3 is outstanding quality. most ps3 exclusive games are a whole different experience to play than multiplatform ones. but like i said befor they have not even used anything thats going to test the machine until when GT5 comes out (dual layered blu-ray running at 1080p the whole time......................sweeeeet!) :D

Saying Gran Turismo 5 exists is a little like saying you've met god it may well be possible but bloody unlikely. If they delay GT5 much more Playstation 4 will be out. I ordered my copy 2 years ago and I don't think I'll see it until Christmas (this year hopefully)

yeah but you cannot rush perfection :lol:

i have had my copy pre-ordered for about a year now aswell and hope they will release it in November THIS year like what Kazunori Yamauchi (the producer) said last month

Gran Turismo 5 was supposed to be out already in Japan by now, it's been pushed back further and further. Hopefully we'll know next month as to when Sony finally decides to stop modelling cars and actually releases the damn thing.

Put it this way, Turn10 have pushed out 3 Forza Motorsport games in the time it's taken them to make an actual Gran Turismo game (and to be honest, Forza is a far more exciting racer... )

As for graphically? GT only runs at 30fps, which is why they can make it look so much nicer anyway, I'd rather have a pretty game running at 60fps than one that runs at half the speed but twice the prettyness. Isn't the sense of speed the most important thing? And I hope to god they finally ditch the PS2 physics system, I'd like to actually tune the car and it make a difference to how it handles.

Besides if we're going by GT5 Prologue standards, it isn't going to be -that- good looking. But, I'll wait till it finally comes out before making a judgement.

I remember earlier in the year Polyphony Digital said something along the lines of, if you play the game in 1080p then it wouldn't have any anti aliasing. Jaggies ahoy.

If they delay GT5 much more Playstation 4 will be out. I ordered my copy 2 years ago and I don't think I'll see it until Christmas (this year hopefully)

yeah but you cannot rush perfection :lol:

which is why we're still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever.

• 3 weeks later...
Whats the big differences and which is better?

Cheers

Oh and Zibiddy, the PS3 has a far more capable graphics architecture! :) When used propperly that is.

Xbox 360 all the way!

The PS3 has a big bottle neck in its ability.

"the best is still to come" Yeah and we are still waiting.

Gran Turismo has always looked amazing. The knowlegde that Polyphony has in lighting (the most realistic part of GT5) and textures will outshine all, their textures and lighting means they can have less detail but still make it look amazing.

http://nickloder.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/gran-turismo-5-prologue11.jpg

you can see how plain the textures are compared to some xbox360 games http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv244/stunningbunny/570x329.jpg (more grass, more detail on the road) but they still do a better job in lighting, making better use of the textures and also camera work.

Thats why it is taking them so long, optimizing it.

On the xbox it takes far less time to make a gorgeous game.

Kill Zone 2 on PS3, a good example of Visuals over Substance.