The real reason we're in Afganistan

What, you have a problem with the Afgans exploiting their natural resources?

I would also bet the house and car on any central African country having a lot more unexploited resources yet I don't see any NATO armies in there. Please could you explain why this is Vicky.

because they haven't finished sucking up Iraq's oil yet??

Guest partan

dey should just wipe out da population o africa, pakistan, india, iraq, iran, and probably most o england fur dat matter,

da place is infested we dis muslims noo and all dat is goin ta mean is trouble and a lot o it.

i kane africa probably isna, but dat whole place is just a drain on da worlds resources just ta keep da buggers alive.

whits da point de do absoulutely nithin idder as reproduce and transmit aids.

dey should just wipe out da population o africa, pakistan, india, iraq, iran, and probably most o england fur dat matter,

da place is infested we dis muslims noo and all dat is goin ta mean is trouble and a lot o it.

i kane africa probably isna, but dat whole place is just a drain on da worlds resources just ta keep da buggers alive.

whits da point de do absoulutely nithin idder as reproduce and transmit aids.

Please, oh please tell us that this post is meant to be some sort of 'joke'?

[...] fought for profit and monetary reasons [...]

Is there ever any other reason? Ideaology is a cover screen enabling winning armies closure and engaging soldiers and the populace to fight.

As for partan ... what can one say bar don't feed the troll.

^^"It's going to be when we actually hear about the progressive people of the country rising up and shaming the men and mullahs and misogynists."

Without claiming this to be an entirely just war this is going to be easier now after military intervention though. What was going to stop the Taliban before invasion, the huge groundswell of progressive people who would dare to shame them? They wouldn't make it out the front door before they had their bits chopped off.

Although if the progressive elements in Afg haven't made any difference by now after invasion, its not looking likely at all is it? Harsher opinions than mine would suggest that if they aren't ready to join the modern world they have no need for minerals and wealth anyway, do we need Afg being an even more backwards but just as wealthy Saudi Arabia with the Taliban elite driving around in gold plated Ferraris?

Perhaps the thread starter has some idea about how the pre invasion Taliban could have been dealt with from either within Afg or peacefully through international means.

Even if this war's real reason was stealing minerals or whatever, the side issue of the Taliban out of direct control has to be seen as good even if they are still up to their old tricks and all their potassium is sitting under a tarpaulin in Obama's attic.